Announcement

Collapse

Please Consider Supporting RWI Today!

We depend on Supporter & Patron subscriptions to pay the bills. Please consider supporting RWI TODAY, CLICK HERE for info on how to subscribe.
See more
See less

Bond Eye Candy (Pic Heavy)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do. Or do not. There is no try.
    There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.
    ? Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Five Rings

Comment

There is nothing outside of yourself that can ever enable you to get better, stronger, richer, quicker, or smarter. Everything is within. Everything exists. Seek nothing outside of yourself.

Comment

[IMG]*****************.com/Gc5wFSe.jpg[/IMG]
        [IMG]*****************.com/JbS13FM.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]Flying a lot more than usual, lately, excuse my absence.[/COLOR]
        Click below!
        My Franken SMP 2531.80.00 Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mclarendude View Post
          [IMG]*****************.com/Gc5wFSe.jpg[/IMG]
          [IMG]*****************.com/JbS13FM.jpg[/IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Imgur has banned us Gabe. Try our own new site www.picr.me

Comment

Originally posted by yllekp View Post

Imgur has banned us Gabe. Try our own new site www.picr.me
            How annoying. LOL. Can't wait for Tapatalk to finally fix their app for us iPhone XS Max users so we can resume uploading pics through their app.

Here they are:

[COLOR=rgb(0, 0, 255)]Flying a lot more than usual, lately, excuse my absence.[/COLOR]
            Click below!
            My Franken SMP 2531.80.00 Thread

Comment

Originally posted by mclarendude View Post

How annoying. LOL. Can't wait for Tapatalk to finally fix their app for us iPhone XS Max users so we can resume uploading pics through their app.
              I just found out that switching iPhone XS Max screen zoom from normal to enlarged fixes the problem - Tapatalk can show image menu above keyboard as before.

Comment

Just finished up my franken 2531.80, for now anyway. What do ya'll think?

Gen bezel insert
                Gen dial(relumed)
                Cheapie 21j case
                Clark sapphire crystal
                A2836

I may get some gen hands and a gen crown/tube if I don't decide to sell this and buy a gen.

Comment

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

Comment

Originally posted by KushBandit View Post
                    Just finished up my franken 2531.80, for now anyway. What do ya'll think?

Gen bezel insert
                    Gen dial(relumed)
                    Cheapie 21j case
                    Clark sapphire crystal
                    A2836

I may get some gen hands and a gen crown/tube if I don't decide to sell this and buy a gen.

Looks like the real deal. There is nothing like the size and weight of the gen on this one. It was nearly costing me $900 to build one of these without the 1120 movement and on a Rep case, so I just went gen.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yllekp View Post

Looks like the real deal. There is nothing like the size and weight of the gen on this one. It was nearly costing me $900 to build one of these without the 1120 movement and on a Rep case, so I just went gen.
                        You're not kidding, I have a difficult time with the thickness. I prefer a watch around 12mm thick, while this came in at a whopping 14.5mm. A gen case back would barely help and be too expensive, IMO.

I'm filing the 2531.80 under WBIG, because it's not worth it to franken one unless done inexpensively. I have roughly $400 into this and it's about as far as I'm willing to go. Another $800~ and I can have the gen. I'm happy the watch looks the part though!

Comment

Originally posted by KushBandit View Post

You're not kidding, I have a difficult time with the thickness. I prefer a watch around 12mm thick, while this came in at a whopping 14.5mm. A gen case back would barely help and be too expensive, IMO.

I'm filing the 2531.80 under WBIG, because it's not worth it to franken one unless done inexpensively. I have roughly $400 into this and it's about as far as I'm willing to go. Another $800~ and I can have the gen. I'm happy the watch looks the part though!
                          I totally agree with the WBIG title on this one.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X