• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Arrival from DH Gate

• Thread starter d4m.test
  • Start date
D

d4m.test

Hi, Gang!

I just received this inexpensive OMEGA SeaMaster from DH Gate & thought i'd share some pics of it with you. I've received other watches from this vendor out of curiousity and, for the price, haven't been too disappointed with the inexpensive daily beaters they sell. This one I picked up for $30.00. I believe DH Gate serves a useful function: providing inexpensive reps for those who are a little hesitant about taking the plunge for better grade ones and would like to see how a "near rep" would look on their wrists. Shipping time was about average: ca 10-12 days, and the packaging for the watch was very good. (I was surprised I didn't have to sign for this because of its Customs form on the package.) The watch itself is not made of high quality materials (no surprise here), and the fit and finish of both the case and the bracelet are "acceptable:" the links in the bracelet could use a good soaking in baby oil, as they're very stiff; the crown is a screw down crown, as is the caseback, which has an exhibition crystal on it showing a somewhat decorated rotor on it; the movement is held in place by a plastic ring. Winding the crown takes some muscle: it's stiff but winds nevertheless. As far as the power reserve goes, it has a decent 36 hour power supply and keeps good time (no, I don't have measured to the seconds-a-day level; it just keeps decently accurate time). The measurements: 47mm wide (w/ crown), 17mm thick, and weighs in at 135 grams. I'm not certain of the crystal's composition, but to these old eyes and fingers, it feels hard, like a mineral crystal. On the wrist, it looks "vintage," vis-à-vis no date wheel; this feature I kind of like. I plan on wearing it for a while then eventually selling it, as Omegas are not one of my top watches to have for reps. Now, without further adieu, the pics. Enjoy, gang; and, of course, comments are welcomed. dave: (oh, BTW: I just noticed some traces of blue plastic packing tape on the crown; apparently, large pictures really help clarify things, heh!)

BRACELET PINS, NO SCREWS:

SOME MOVEMENT PICTURES:

END LINKS:

SOME WRISTIES:

NOT CERTAIN IF I INCLUDED THIS ONE EARILER; JUST THE SAME, HERE IT IS AGAIN?

processengr

I'm Pretty Popular
16/9/15
Mine says "Hi". This was the best value rep I have ever received. really appreciated is the nice feel of the screw down crown, some of mt $300 reps dont feel this precise.
It did convince me to buy the V6F version (300 standard, not the Spectre).

D

d4m.test

Thanks, mates, for the comments about the Omega. For the price, it's not too shabby, and as others have noted, these watches are perfect for those who are diving into the rep world for the first time -- or for someone who wants to "test wear" a specific style before springing for the higher version. I'll be wearing the SeaMaster tomorrow for a "test ride." dave