• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

feeling blue

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
hi everybody,

I had some time today and I felt that I have to share some of my blue dress watches with you. As I read in some magazines blue is THE dial color at the moment so I thought it may be the right time to share some thoughts and pictures of some of my blue dialed beauties.

I love each and everyone of them and like to wear all of them together with a nice suit or even with a casual outfit. Even if they seem to be quite equal they are total different....as almost every time with watches as you know ;)

So what am I writing about today? The Datejust, the Royal Oak and the Aqua Terra....three brands, two icons - one newbie, all blue, all shiny, each and everyone has its´ own character, everyone´s a beauty for itself in my opinion

let´s see if you agree and let´s start with the newbie....

the Omega Aqua Terra.

I received the watch a few days ago and have to admit that my expectation from all pics I saw were fulfilled. But let´s start from the beginning with some pics.

AT%2520C_zpsomuvihml.jpg

the AT is a very nice watch with a stunning dial...very well designed with some special textures, interesting hands and a very well balanced overall look.

AT%25201_zpsriesutam.jpg

the look of the dial changes from light blue to almost black...depends of the lightning. I tied to capture it in the following pics.

dark blue...

AT%25203_zps6up9qpzv.jpg

...to almost black...

AT%25204_zpsfzi1gmql.jpg

and back.

AT%25202_zpssllfwovu.jpg

what I really like about the AT are the hands. They differ from a lot of watches and make the AT unique without being a watch which is not readable at first sight.

Even if it´s dark you always can be sure that the AT is a very good and readable watch.

AT%2520lume_zpsyhxfhdej.jpg

the next watch which came into my collection was a real classic...The AP 15400

AP%2520C_zpsxxpfrfmk.jpg

I am a real fan of the AP divers but somehow thought the AP RO is kind of "old-fashioned" with its´design ... what a mistake...I am really glad that I ordered one and had the chance to change my mind about it...

designed in the 70ties still a real stunner and a classic...that is what I have to admit after receiving one...

AP4_zpsatru9zxw.jpg

what do you think?

AP2_zpsmpgjrj4c.jpg

an awesome dial which invites you to stare at while moving your wrist...and spot the details....

AP3_zpszngypqd4.jpg

even if it´s getting dark there´s a lot you can see on the dial.

AP%2520lume_zpsxyvydcdb.jpg

after obeying that beauty, open the clasp and give that baby a rest....

AP%2520Clasp_zpsbqkrlm63.jpg

the last blue dresser I got is a Rolex DJ.

This watch has a really special meaning for me as I bought it the day my older daughter was born...

DJ%2520C_zpsyg0feflr.jpg

its´ her watch as I will not wear it often and just will keep it for her, even if it´s not a typical watch for women i hope she´ll like it some day in the near future...

...isn´t it great?!

dJ1_zpshfg6h2rm.jpg

blue...

DJ2_zpsezwv0jjf.jpg

to almost black...

DJ5_zpsalmw2cri.jpg

stunning details...

DJ4_zps8ywzzw6c.jpg

which make me to observe this watch over and over again... :)

DJ3_zpswxqzjhvm.jpg

my daughter won´t have an excuse being later at home than the appointed time as this watch is pretty reliable showing the time without any power supply ;)

DJ%2520lume_zpsweacjruy.jpg

with the latest clasp she will / can´t lose the watch I suppose ;)
DJ%2520clasp_zpsnwdodpfg.jpg

...anyway...

three really great watches in my opinion....I really like all of them and will wear at least two of them in heavy rotation with some other watches I own.

hers´s a final group shot of the beauties

group_zpstspzp429.jpg

and on some wristies...

IMG_6154_zpswxm56fmd.jpg

IMG_6156_zpsjq058nux.jpg

IMG_6153_zpsb5nczjv8.jpg

Thanks for reading and your interest!

kilowattore

Sales Moderator / Section Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Section Moderator
Certified
11/5/13
Italy
Your pics are always extraordinary, you even made me like the datejust! LOL

garota69gostosa

I'm Pretty Popular
13/12/15
North Italy
blue collection

Hi fredl!
finde deine blue collection super,welcher TD hat dich bedient,bin hingerissen von dem "Blau",findet man nicht alle Tage!
ciao,
g69g
:unsure:

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Your pics are always extraordinary, you even made me like the datejust! LOL

thank you my friend...I think i got some inspiration of the "how to..." from you as well!

Hi fredl!
finde deine blue collection super,welcher TD hat dich bedient,bin hingerissen von dem "Blau",findet man nicht alle Tage!
ciao,
g69g
:unsure:

Danke ! Die Aqua Terra habe ich aus einem M2M deal, die AP kommt von Ken und die Datejust kommt aus (Gen)f

fishstix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/8/15
Wow...I love the color on the Rolex DJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle-V

Known Member
1/12/15
Lovele pics and great post!

I have a Blue DJ BP I got from I am very happy with mine as well. Thoguh my crystal is not as nice as yours and I don't get the same kind of black hole effect you seem to be getting. Is your DJ a gen?

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Wow what a beauties! thanks for sharing man!

Btw you miss the blue Pelagos in there. ;)

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
Any blu Pam....

yes, the 087...but this thread was dedicated to more "dressier" watches and the 087 is a massive diver...BUT there's something on its way to me...and it will fit perfectly Pam/blue/dresser ;) will post it here as soon it arrives but may take some time though :)

fredl187

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
17/5/14
It took some time but now it´s here....my first blue PAM dress watch...the 229

the watch is a stunner and it looks great. worth every penny - even it´s a bit more expensive....the dial alone is really awesome...I tried to capture it in some pics - so let them speak for themselves

IMG_5698_zps2xvw65vs.jpg

sunburst effect is simply great

IMG_5700_zpsaqzwkz2l.jpg

I think I am not done with the LUMINOR Firenze collection...after receiving this...

IMG_5694_zpsehc9muhu.jpg

two more to go.... :) thanks for your interest...and stay tuned....

vavat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
11/4/15
Nice photos and beautiful watches! Loved the acqua terra with its special lume in the dark. Noticed that the AP bracelet looks pretty much like some omega's from the seventies.