• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

30 Minute Leather Strap Mod

Plasma

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/6/07
I took this strap that I got for $20...

PAMStrapBeforeMod.jpg

and turned it into this!

P1020186.jpg

P1020197.jpg

P1020201.jpg

P1020196.jpg

What do you think?

pammo13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/4/06
Well,tells us how you did it?

p.s.
It looks great!

Plasma

28/6/07
I used Used Medium grit sand paper to rough it up; Soaked it in coffee for 15 minutes; Rubbed Vanilla extract over entire band; Dried it; Used black paste shoe polish on sides, stitching and over sand paper roughed areas.; Waterproofed it with Balm Proofer XL, Lastly, buff entire strap and wear!

And it smells good too!;)

MSK13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/07
Plasma said:
I used Used Medium grit sand paper to rough it up; Soaked it in coffee for 15 minutes; Rubbed Vanilla extract over entire band; Dried it; Used black paste shoe polish on sides, stitching and over sand paper roughed areas.; Waterproofed it with Balm Proofer XL, Lastly, buff entire strap and wear!

And it smells good too!;)

The coffee thing is a cool idea, I used to have a few shirts that were dyed with coffee and they smelled for months. Since the strap wont be washed, it should hold the smell even longer.

Plasma

28/6/07
Actually, the smell is not that noticeable. In fact, its been 1 day since I did it and you can't smell a thing. Coffee has been used for decades for tanning leather.

doctorron

I'm Pretty Popular
5/3/07
I've done the exact same thing many times. The results look almost exactly the same. Thanks for posting.

crunch

4/10/07
Interesting~~~!! Love the way it looks.

I understand the coffee part, but may I ask what the Vanilla extract is for??