• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Wrist check December week 1

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
the title should cover the whole week :wink:

well we are having a discussion about our first Orient brand watches on the light side today so I am wearing my first Orient today :D
I am sure I will get bored and put on a rep before the day is out though :lol:

30352f51.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Orient with diamonds? :D Just a very blurry Cartier Roadster for a while. :oops:

CartierRoadster009Small.jpg

here's a clearer pic. :p

CartierRoadster004Small.jpg

arty909

15/10/06
This one still, but two new ones on the way as of tonite: J12 chrono and a vintage Jubilee GMT Master II, pics coming soon...

DSC01135.JPG

Best regards, Arty

vbarrett

24/6/07
OldeCrow said:
the title should cover the whole week :wink:

HAH! Fat chance of me posting a whole week's worth of watches, Old Crowe. ;)

Nice Orient though, and I never thought I'd ever say that!

MONDAY

This Wristcheck is all about "Zings"!

I hated the new 2007 Rolex Milgauss when I first saw RWG member, Stilty's post, on it. It looked blingy, and plasticky. That orange "stinger" seconds hand just made it worse.

rolexmilgaussgenjk1.jpg

The 2007 Milgauss reps I found were FUGLEE, so that didn't help. :roll:

rolexmilgaussbadcopytp3.png

Until...one day...RWG Member Supermanx was offering his Milgauss for sale! [smilie=alien.gif]

rolexmilgaussdialsi6.jpg

What a beautiful watch. I even like the stinger now! :p

rolexmilgaussstingereg1.jpg

Love it or hate it, the deep rehaut with the engraved "Rolex".

rolexmilgaussdialsidehc3.jpg

Two shots by the pool, rippling like a zing.

rolexmilgausspoolup0.jpg

rolexmilgausspoolripplech7.jpg

The Wristie! Zing! :mrgreen:

rolexmilgausswristieflofq5.jpg

TUESDAY

With my constant shots of the DSN 112, you'd never know I owned two PAM 111hs from Andrew, but I do!

iwsuissepam111wristie00hc9.jpg

pam111iwsuissewristie20iu6.jpg

Picked up a strange, TWO-TONE leather strap for it by IW Suisse. Yep, shaped like a ZING. :lol:

iwsuissettbucklereversexx9.jpg

You like?

iwsuissettcj0.jpg

And this is what I like: the biggest ZING of 2007, by King Juan Carlos of Spain, "Por que no te callas??"

iwsuissepqntcshirtcz5.jpg

YES!! ZING!!! [smilie=black2.gif]

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
My 010D on a prototype/test/sample strap from Savage. I really like this strap. It has lots of "body", so if you have to have super-soft, floppy straps, this probably isn't for you. I love the color and texture of this strap though. PM me if you have questions on it. AFAIK, Savage isn't sure if he's going to offer it, yet. Enjoy!

DSCF0830.jpg

DSCF0834.jpg

DSCF0835.jpg

DSCF0831.jpg

-falco-

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/12/06
Wearing my franken 1680 that's waiting for a new owner to show up :wink:

065.jpg

daytona4me

sorry who are
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
Going with this one today.. :)

005onsavage4.jpg

abat

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/8/07
UK
A weeks worth, ok:

Wore this Monday:

SubonWrist.jpg

Tuesday:

UPOonWrist.jpg

Wednesday:

steelfishonwrist2.jpg

Thursday and Friday (back in the office):

TagLinkChronoonWrist2.jpg

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
This one for me, today. My 010D on a "blue steel" strap from Tootall. This is a really cool strap. Certainly not an "everyday" strap, but a really nice addition to the collection, IMO. Thanks, Tootall!!!

DSCF0828.jpg

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
hooligan said:
This one for me, today. My 010D on a "blue steel" strap from Tootall. This is a really cool strap. Certainly not an "everyday" strap, but a really nice addition to the collection, IMO. Thanks, Tootall!!!

DSCF0828.jpg

Awesome Strap! Is the material suede/nubuck or regular leather?

J

hooligan

Mythical Poster
Advisor
24/6/06
It's a very, very short nap suede, I guess? It's not smooth leather, it's slightly fuzzy. Not nearly as fuzzy as actual suede. Maybe tootall could chime in here....

tootall

I'm Pretty Popular
Vendor (Strap Maker)
2/5/06
hooligan said:
It's a very, very short nap suede, I guess? It's not smooth leather, it's slightly fuzzy. Not nearly as fuzzy as actual suede. Maybe tootall could chime in here....

Hey, first off it looks great!! I never thought about matching it with a white dial!

The leather is called buffed leather. It's not suede, as that is achieved through splitting leather. This is leather that has been buffed to give it a softer texture. It is the softest leather I have. I really love wearing it!

I do however, think that it could be worn more than just with jeans. I think a nice navy suit will go great with it.