• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Mailman just brought me my Super Seadweller

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
I took some quick and dirty pics. If you want to see some lovely shots check out GIOARMANI's thread on
this watch.
These pics are straight out of the box...unmodded. I took a pic of the unmodded pearl and unmodded CGs.
I'm not sure how inaccurate/accurate the bezel insert is. It definitely needs to be milled and seated recessed in the bezel.

sd1ow8.jpg

sd2pe2.jpg

sd3hr6.jpg

sd4wb4.jpg

sd5ta7.jpg

sd6sk5.jpg

seadweller3

Known Member
3/11/07
Just got mine as well. Congrats! :D

I am modding the CG's and having the insert swapped. Should be damn close after that. :wink:

Bearcat

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
1/10/06
Nice...Very nice.

From which Dealer????

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
quick fix for a bad pearl is a dab of glass epoxy, the kind that sets with uv and is used to attach cyclops. You can find it at homedepot for about $2. It sets will set clear and bubbled and gives the pearl the perfect look.

dylan

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/07
Nevada and California
supermanx said:
quick fix for a bad pearl is a dab of glass epoxy, the kind that sets with uv and is used to attach cyclops. You can find it at homedepot for about $2. It sets will set clear and bubbled and gives the pearl the perfect look.

Do you have any pics demonstrating this? I'm interested!

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
dylan said:
supermanx said:

Do you have any pics demonstrating this? I'm interested!
I'll look but I got rid of my sub. I may still have pics somewhere.

azgjav

I'm Pretty Popular
17/3/06
i'll wear it unmodded! it's that good! :) wear it in the best of health!

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Here is a quick pearl I made (had a bunch of sub parts so decided to throw a sub together from scratch today). To make this one I had to completely take out the rep lume because it was scratched, replaced with a small coat of lume powder and varnish, then a dab of uv glue. I got a little too much uv glue (pearl is a little too high) and the lume powder is a bit more yellow then I would have liked, but its easy enough to start over and materials are cheap and better then the rep for sure. Starting with the SD pearl would be a snap, just apply the UV glue and be done (I'll post a pic of the process when my SD comes in).

P1030935.jpg

P1030934.jpg

P1030938.jpg

Xyphis

4/10/07
Interesting. Will await your guide if it becomes available. The pearl is a bit large in this pic, isn't it?

supermanx

I'm Pretty Popular
Advisor
27/6/06
Xyphis said:
Interesting. Will await your guide if it becomes available. The pearl is a bit large in this pic, isn't it?
Yep, as I said I added a touch too much uv glue... but thats what I get for hurrying. Total time spent was about 5 minutes, re-doing it will take about 10. If I would have had a syringe ready I could have sucked a little off but alas i didnt.

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
That Seadweller looks great out of the box, I'm really not much of a R**ex guy but I'm kinda coming around on this one.

GA400

6/6/07
supermanx said:

Thanks for the tip!

Do you apply the epoxy with a toothpick, or a small brush.... eyelash of a gnat :wink:

MSK13

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
18/7/07
So where'd this watch come from? I like the 16600 better than the 16610, but I never saw a SD good enough.