• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

The Suspend is Killing Me!

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, this evening I received an IWC 3717 with bracelet from another member sam_tgg. I have swapped day and datewheel to genuine ETA (German language daywheel). On top of that relumed the hands, removed the crappy lume on the dial and sending the crystal to k2222 for double AR coating. I can't wear the watch but I am sure all the effort will be paid off in a few weeks time. Here is the result of hand reluming. My mistake that I put C3 dominant colour (3:1 mixed with C1). Here is the result of the reluming.

Lights on:
7fe321cb.jpg

Lights off:
4a9d4a18.jpg

bob1919a

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
5/11/06
Awesome stuff, I need to learn how to re-lume one of these days. I have decent eyes and a steady hand, so I think I might be able to pull it off.

You better show us some before/after pictures once the crystal is back and the hands are on! :twisted: :twisted:

ssalxpanerai

Renowned Member
25/10/06
Can't wait to see the end result. It would be aweasome watch I think. Just begin of the work but I think it gets so exciting already. Will check again when done. it is nice if you can give information on investment too.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
I got the watch from another watch collectors here in Stuttgart. It's part of Spanish replica watch forum group buy. It costs 185 Eur. Reluming fee doesn't cost me extra money as I have 3 kits of Superluminova. Crystal AR should cost 55 USD then genuine day and date wheel is about 15 Euro shipped from CousinsUK Material House. So you can have an excellent replica for less than 400USD which is really good. The catch is... everything would be DIY and it costs time too. Kinda sad to remove the crystal the moment I got the watch.

piratedzeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/12/06
I am sure you are building a VERY great rep there takashi!

Up to the latest rep standards, with the great k222 AR :D

Good luck that there will be no problems!

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
Can't wait to see pics of the finished product! I'm really close to jumping on a 3717 and that might push me over the edge :D

bwhitesox

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
23/4/06
Thats gunna be a nice watch when its back together....My Franken superavenger is in parts patiently awaiting the return of my Crystal from k2222 and it's going to be sweet as well...Got a gen big wings dial going on :)

merlin699

18/8/07
me too!!

I think mine will be fine as well. It is "swissed" (gen ETA 7750, gen date and german daywheel) and now jakub works on it for a perfect AR [smilie=hello2.gif]

The next step would be a gen caseback - I know, quite a small chance to get one... :?

ryaku

3/4/06
Congrats Tak, that watch really worths such effort ;)
I think at the end it will be the most accurate replica you have (Iwc Gst excluded)