• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Monday October 29 Wristo Checko

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
This one gets more time on the wrist than the other babies :D

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
very striking Hublot HB...took this with cell phone so not the best photo...blue Sub over the blue Pacific...is it Monday already? :|

PacificSubSmall.jpg

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Nice wristies guys~! :wink:

I'll kick off this new week with my black fish~!

I just can't take off my eyes from this baby!!!! :D :D :D :D

Picture564.jpg

Picture1012-1.jpg

Picture563.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Mine is a VC Overseas. AR coating is really good on this piece. Crystal really disappears at most angle.

626f32f2.jpg

vbarrett

24/6/07
@Dylan: You have EXCELLENT taste I've noticed in these past two Wristies!
@Jiro: Wow, I love your Breitling. How do you take such amazing pics??

MONDAY

This is Maria Felix, the legendary Mexican actress whose life-long patronage of them, inspired Cartier to come out with a whole line called "La Doña".

Here you see just part of her famous, multi-million dollar jewelry collection, all from Maison Cartier, including her trademark crocodile necklace and serpent arm bracelet. Yikes! :p

This ravishing diva, whose beauty once stopped traffic in the Champs-Elysée!, had a strange Dalíesque eccentricity, which surely later inspired Michael Jackson...

mariafelixdb2.jpg

...but she was a law unto herself, and the "La Doña" watch in her honour certain reflects that.

Here's the Gen.

ladonaen1.jpg

The side-view of the rep's deployant atop gay Mexican colours.

ladonadeplobraceletzz3.jpg

The guilloché close-up!

closeupladonaswissus9.jpg

And finally, the Wristie! BEAUTIFUL! Just PM Wackobirdkeeper if you want one for your beloved lady this Christmas. ;)

mummecartiersplusrj7.jpg

(That's mum modelling the already-Wristied Cartier Panthere from Andrew. Like mother, like daughter. [smilie=alien.gif] )

TUESDAY

Tuesday is back to basics with my cherished DSN Fiddy on its new super-cool Zeugma strap. Just wish that MG were mine!

sunnyflafiddymgiv9.jpg

If you need a Fiddy strap, make this the one. The gold thread makes the gold hands POP.

fiddyzeugma187mt5.jpg

...only problem is, Zeugma's #187 is the only one of its kind! :lol:

zeugma187zp6.jpg

bob1919a

Banned
5/11/06
@ dylan: Taking care of my baby whitefish, aren't you now? :lol:
@ jiro: Awesome pics, as always bro! 8)
@ vbarret: Good thing you mentioned that your mother's wrist was posing with yours... for a second I thought you had two left hands! :lol:

Starting off my boring Monday with a bang:
mondaywrist.jpg

vbarrett

24/6/07
bob1919a said:
@ vbarret: Good thing you mentioned that your mother's wrist was posing with yours... for a second I thought you had two left hands! :lol:

Nah, just two left feet. Boom Tish!

:lol:

Nice TT, Bob! You didn't get that at Tiffany's, I reckon? ;)

bob1919a

Banned
5/11/06
vbarrett said:
bob1919a said:

Nah, just two left feet. Boom Tish!

:lol:

Nice TT, Bob! You didn't get that at Tiffany's, I reckon? ;)

Hehe, it's genuine, honey, I swear!! :twisted: :twisted:

I love the TT DJ (from Ruby), it was my dream watch from day one (the concentric dial is AMAZING in person), and I finally got it. It's the replacement of the TT Navitimer that was robbed from me, and I really do love it just as much.

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
Wow V, that Zeugma is amazing - I may need to think about picking one up for myself ;)

Here is what I wore today -

IMG_4529.jpg

IMG_4532.jpg

Joe

bigmac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/07
Rocking the Chopard MIlle XL today, I need some bigger watches, these 44-45 mm still feel small. Time to Upgrade 8)

dsc01119te0.jpg

vbarrett

24/6/07
JOEJOEJOE said:
Wow V, that Zeugma is amazing - I may need to think about picking one up for myself ;)

Start savin'...they cost an arm and a leg...but totally worth it! ;)

Don't have a PVD myself, but if I did, that's the one right there!

And is that a FxrAndy strap I spy? ;)

JOEJOEJOE

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/06
vbarrett said:
JOEJOEJOE said:

Start savin'...they cost an arm and a leg...but totally worth it! ;)

Don't have a PVD myself, but if I did, that's the one right there!

And is that a FxrAndy strap I spy? ;)

Thanks ;)

I have been looking at the Zeugma's site, and yes, I agree with you about it costing an arm and a leg. I am saving for a really nice strap, thinking about Simona Vintage Blue - but with the horrible exchange rate, I may need to wait a While :lol:

The strap on the PVD is actually made by my wife using an old Vintage Levi's belt. It's the one and only strap she made and it means a lot to me - in terms of workmanship, it's not quite there yet though :lol:

Joe

vbarrett

24/6/07
JOEJOEJOE said:
I have been looking at the Zeugma's site, and yes, I agree with you about it costing an arm and a leg.

Totally worth it though, unlike some strapmakers who charge the earth for vintage ammo, and some guys must be like -- whoa, for that price, it had better give me a bj, too.

("Blueberry Juice", in case of doubt)

I am saving for a really nice strap, thinking about Simona Vintage Blue - but with the horrible exchange rate, I may need to wait a While :lol:

Hang about. Don't check her website, check her recent Risti entry.

hxxp://www.network54.com/Forum/353393/t ... alf+straps

(Change xx to tt)

120 Euros is slightly better than on her website, IIRC. I believe that's shipped, but she does write "for more information" and gives her email addy, so perhaps not.

BTW, I WAS gunning for a Simona vintage blue too (which IS gorgeous), but I've gone off the idea of the Cali 249. I'm now going for the tobacco-brown dial of the 232, and need more of that colour!

The strap on the PVD is actually made by my wife using an old Vintage Levi's belt. It's the one and only strap she made and it means a lot to me - in terms of workmanship, it's not quite there yet though :lol:

Aww, that's so wonderful! And wow, what a gal. You wouldn't get me doing that for even myself! ;)

(Can you tell I like my manicures too much?)

Hambone

Banned
24/11/06
@ VB.....Ravishing Diva? Looks more like a hideous whore house madam. Yikes!