• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Corum Admiral's Cup 48 Black Dial Reference Pics

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Well, this is the latest in my collection. It's a very well made watch and you really get the most out of what I've paid for. A+ for the watch itself. More complete review on Other Brands section.

Enjoy the pictures:
dscn8433ih6.jpg

DSCN8438.jpg

DSCN8440.jpg

DSCN8444.jpg

DSCN8449.jpg

DSCN8472.jpg

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
I really like this watch, I looked at your pics on the other site. Frankly I can't tell the difference between the rep and the gen even when side by side. They did a nice job on the caseback too. :p

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
You are certainly correct cybee. I am very impressed with the details on this watch. Especially the caseback. Weak points are probably the crown (look to be made of SS instead of Ti), wrong date/day font (they are printed pretty badly too) and sub par AR quality. Otherwise, this watch is just perfect in almost every senses.

dadog13

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
15/3/06
initially I wanted the blue dial...since almost 90% of my reps are with black dial...but after seeing this pics i don't regret that I ordered the same one...

great pics taka, and thank you 4 them...

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@dadog: problem with blue dial is wrong background colour for day and datewheel. It's a beautiful watch nonetheless.

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
I strapped this baby on at the AD yesterday and it is a very cool watch. Great presence and a beautiful design. Gonna have to get me one of those. :)

MK08

Renowned Member
3/4/07
I tried one of these on at the AD as well, that's what sold me on this watch it is AWESOME! Great presence on the wrist and very comfortable to wear, I have one en-route from Angus, I CAN'T WAIT!!! By the way nice pics Taka, makes waiting for mine to arrive even harder :?

bigmac

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/4/07
Corum is one of my very favorite brands. How heavy does it feel on the wrist since it made from titanium correct? I would totally get one if it came on the TI or SS bracelet.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Weight it about 130gram. I opened it up and movement retainer ring weights quite a lot (made of solid piece SS). Here is the relumed result of this watch. Changed the datewheel too.

0199995e.jpg

2adbe742.jpg

Dario33

19/5/06
takashi said:
You are certainly correct cybee. I am very impressed with the details on this watch. Especially the caseback. Weak points are probably the crown (look to be made of SS instead of Ti), wrong date/day font (they are printed pretty badly too) and sub par AR quality. Otherwise, this watch is just perfect in almost every senses.
I don't think the SS crown is a fault. Here is a pic of the gen:

01.135_1.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Thanks a lot for the reference picture. This replica is indeed very close to the genuine. Datefont is definitely not a standard ETA font and the replica's incorrect too.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
Thanks. C1 Superlume is not as bright as C3 but it lasts pretty long. Not bad for such big hands. I choose not to relume the dial. It's just too... intricate. I will just leave it as it is. Again, I would stress that if your wrist can take this size, go for it!

This watch is off for double sided AR coating:
eebab658.jpg