• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Heroic 18 Bronze Diver, forced patina and the perfect strap

J.Prime

I'm Pretty Popular
Trusted Dealer
11/4/10
I got my hands on one of Heroic 18s Bronze M8 Divers earlier this year. It's very nice and being my first bronze watch I had to play around with forced patina and tried a few things out. Using various methods including boiled eggs, patina gel, vinegar steam, and lemon juice I started out attempting to create a camouflage look. It was interesting, but I can't ever leave anything alone, so I stripped it down and began again for a more uniform look. I was shooting for a look that would have the feel of something that had been left on the ocean floor, dark and rugged with some light tones from being handled. The second patina project ended better than I had hoped and It will remain like this for the foreseeable future.

I've made a few different straps to accent the color scheme and finally struck a perfect combo with some Vintage German ammo leather from 1958 and tan stitching, a perfect match for the new patina. The images below are in order from the day I picked the watch up until its present state.

Thanks for viewing!

shelby1501

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/10/11
Wow nice patina buddy! Great watch you have there. Straps? I won't even mention how good they are. ;)

Pratt

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/4/13
Love that distressed look ! Open to trades ?? Lol

darby g

Renowned Member
23/2/15
The green dial, with a green strap, and beautiful patina on the watch, makes for a stunning package. Very nice