• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Jiro's "How to enhance your picture" Part 1 -Basic

meduk1

Horology Curious
8/2/08
Some awesome advice - thanks! I'm new to PSP but managed to get some pretty nice pics from that guide.

jerryss

10/9/08
GReat tips -

* Also, you may want to hit "Image>adjust>SHARPEN" if your image is big enough. Really helps "pop" it.

echelonphoto

You're Saying I Can Sell?
23/9/09
Good tutorial!

Since I am a professional photographer and editor...let me give a few more tips on PS.
You can use the select rectangle set to circular in the tool palette to select the face and then you right click on that and select "feather", pick a number like 50 pixels. Then you can adjust the brightness and contrast of the face...the feathering allows the adjustments to be more subtle and the procedure is a lot easier than using the magnetic lasso. Believe me, I use this hundreds of times a week in my photo editing and it makes life a lot easier.

timparks123

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/1/15
Thank you for your post. This helped alot! Still having trouble finding good lighting in my loft though :(

jtrevor

Horology Curious
30/12/14
Is there any alternatives to Adobe PhotoShop for this process?

Thanks in advance for all the great how-tos, it's appreacited! :)

Mahtze72

28/8/10
Spain
Thanks Jiro...I'm using Fotor and can't believe how easy some fo the enhancement options are and how big a difference they make.