• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

lume shot!

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I'll bet this isn't what you were thinking of when you read the topic title! :p

Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet but I'm going to have fun doing it!

5683f0a5.jpg

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
1 gram can last you for so many watches... I estimated is 10 PAM dial or can be more...

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
where did you order it?

I ordered mine from ofrei. It doesn't say super lumi nova on the package though.

I have 1 gram of C7 here.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
@cwai: yours is the same as mine. AF brand. It's superluminova (rebadged).

cwai02

Renowned Member
16/3/06
takashi said:
@cwai: yours is the same as mine. AF brand. It's superluminova (rebadged).

I am still too chicken to try mine, lol.

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
It's okay. Start with Rolex or PAM sandwich. I feel they are excellent piece to begin with.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
I figured I would just start with an extra dial I had laying around, but a rolex dial with good bowl shaped markers would be a good start too! I've been thinking about the sandwich dials and I don't think they will be as easy as they look. You really need to separate the dial I think to get the lume applied well without accidentally painting the front piece. I'll try a couple of ideas and report back on which one works well.

And the packages say super-luminova on them because I bought it straight from rc tritec
:p

takashi

Legendary Member
4/4/06
How much are they per gram? Mine with the glue, solvent, 1 gram SuperLume and the fine needle cost about USD28 (ready stock, just buy it from the shop).
I am looking forward to your update.

OldeCrow

I'm Pretty Popular
13/4/06
the complete kit was 32.04 plus shipping! for the C3
the complete kit for the Blue was 34.54

you don't really need the whole kits though.
The kits still use real laquer and laquer thinner for the emulsion but you can get high quality clear enamel and thinner from the local auto paint shop if you can find some kind of very small glass jars they will probably give you what would ammount to a lifetime supply of clear enamel.