Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Krispee` Collection

Hi
    i thought i would start a new collection thread because the other was predicated upon my acquiring Skeleton watches which has proven to be harder than i thought, mainly because there aren`t very many good skeleton watches out there. i am presuming either because people aren`t as interested in collecting them or because there were never that many to copy in the first place, so either they made them up or didn`t bother to copy them very well.
    so new thread because of new collecting goals.....

i now have 6 rep watches, 2 of which are skeletons, the rest just piqued my interest and i thought looked amazing for one reason or another......

i have; a Glashutte Pano, a Cartier De Ronde Skeleton(apparently with a genuine swiss movement in, so they told me), a Breguet Orbital, a VC Patrimony Skeleton, a Breitling Navitimer Speciale, and a Patek Skymoon Perpetual Calender.
    so to the pictures.....

Glashutte Pano [Asian 21J i think]

Cartier De Ronde

Vacheron Constantin Patrimony

Breguet Orbital

Breitling Navitimer Speciale

Patek Philippe Skymoon Perpetual Calender

right that`s the main body of photos, some wrist shots and other oddments coming soon.....
    cheers
    Kris

I would love to hear some feedback on the Breguet Oribital Tourbillon, it's not a watch I think I have ever seen someone own before. How does the functionality work?

Comment

Hi Bonesey
      well, as far as i know it`s not an actual Tourbillon, unless the Tourby is hidden in behind and integrel to the movement itself, some watches are but i don`t know if this is one of those, all the TD`s that sell these describe it as such but i don`t think it is at all, i just think of it as an Orbital watch....
      as such it does work as an Orbital, the minute hand follows the dial and that revolves around on an hourly cycle, being the minute hand it would, of course the original Double Tourbillon Oribital dial revolves on a 12 hour cycle because it is tied to the hour hand.....
      so the similarites aren`t great, it is more of a homage really than a copy, although the Orbital works very well, plus it keeps good time, although the crown is a little tight to pull out and can jump a little when replaced, i think that`s a problem with asian movements at that level isn`t it?
      anyway, works well, if not as the original, and keeps good time, and that`s all it does....
      of course that`s all the original did if i remember rightly, of course it does have a double Tourbillon.....

what the pictures on the sites can`t tell is just how beautiful the watch is, it is stunning, i`m a big fan of the arts and crafts side of things [i`m an artist myself] and love looking at the hard work that people have crafted and the workmanship in the dial is amazing, it worth the cost of the watch in itself imo, the ever increasing tiny little scollops are a work of art and guy who did them ought to get a medal lol
      if the watch broke down and was unrepairable then i would break it up and remove the dial and then frame it, that`s how much i like it, beautiful workmanship.....
      which was the main reason i bought the watch in the first place apart from the unusual nature of the watch, being an Orbital......

but it`s not a Tourby.....

i have some more pics to post and stuff to write about and i`ll try to take some closeups of the dial.....

Kris

Comment

Still sounds pretty awesome, I did a massive Breguet rep review in the Breguet section and the orbital tourbillon model was one of the curiosities that I'd never seen anyone buy before. Thanks for sharing, kind of cool that the dial rotates once an hour

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesey, post: 1044930
          Still sounds pretty awesome, I did a massive Breguet rep review in the Breguet section and the orbital tourbillon model was one of the curiosities that I'd never seen anyone buy before. Thanks for sharing, kind of cool that the dial rotates once an hour
          lol, yeah, in fact that`s one thing that is actually better than the original, a 12 hour cycle would mean almost no noticeable movement in the dial, an hour cycle does give more interest....
          difinitely awesome.....
          and i read your Breguet thread, loved it, have gone back to it quite often because i`m a big fan of Breguets and i think you did a bang up writeup on them......

this is another watch that i like and i`ve never read of anyone owning one, not sure if they can actually get it now but i think it`s cool, and pretty close to the original....

http://puretime.co/product/classique-hand-winding-chronograph-rg-white-dial/

Kris

Comment

Those Breguet are just amazing reps! Here is the one I own and seriously the details on the dial are incredible. Love the version you have. Would love to see a side by side layout for a size comparison of all of them.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfwood, post: 1045001
              Those Breguet are just amazing reps! Here is the one I own and seriously the details on the dial are incredible. Love the version you have. Would love to see a side by side layout for a size comparison of all of them.

that`s lovely, i agree that most of the Breguet reps are really beautifully done.....
              this one i love too, only seen it here:
              http://puretime.co/product/classique-hand-winding-chronograph-rg-white-dial/

here`s a group shot, that may help your comparisons....

thought i`d post a shot of my invaluable tool, my hole puncher:

and the start of my book club, sorry about the writing top and bottom, meant to make it easier for people to see what each book was...

still haven`t had anything from Glashutte Original and A Lange & Sohne.......

Kris

Comment

ok, got a couple more watches and a couple of boxes to show....boxes and Duometre from Rochest and Reverso from Reg....

Beguet Box first, with my Breguet Oribital settling in to his new home.....

and the Patek Box with the Skymoon in residence...

now the watches, JLC Duometre first...

and the Reverso...

the Reverso is nice, certainly value for money, not the quality of the other watches i have, the reverso itself tends to move if subject to a pretty hard shake, don`t wear when you are playing footy!

the Duometre i`m very pleased with, the photo doesn`t it justice, beautifully clean face and lovely detail on the back, the only minor thing is that when you pull the crown to alter the time it only alters both dials in synch, they are about 12 hours apart but i don`t seem to be able to alter them separately, perhaps that`s not supposed to happen but i always thought it was, for a dual time watch.....
                anyway, i`m trying to contact, Rochest, about this to see if there is a solution.....

Kris

Comment

Love to see pictures of members' collections. Nice skeleton-dial pieces, love that cartier.

Comment

cheers, Audace, it is nice to see what watches people find interesting, i would love to get more skeletons but there are few of real quality out there except genuines.....

Kris

Comment

What kind of price/spec is that Cartier De Ronde and where can I get one!

Comment

i bought this on Puretime, here is the link:

http://puretime.co/product/ronde-de-...r-strap-a2813/

they call it a Ronde De Cartier, but i think it`s based on this watch:

http://www.cartier.com/show-me/timep...skeleton-watch

i had another movement put it mine as the one that was in there went wrong for some reason, anyway they swapped it for a Swiss ETA, that`s what they told me anyway.....

Kris

Comment

Need Help ? Ask Me I'm NOOB Friendly

Comment

Originally posted by TastyTreats, post: 1076734
                            um, not sure what this is about?

thanks, i guess
                            Kris

Comment

I love ALL of these watches!! thanks for sharing
                              "For if a man thinks he is something, when he is nothing, he deceives himself" Galatians 6:3

Comment

Working...
                              X