• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Eyecandy and Wristshots - 27th Sep to 3rd Oct 2021

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
15880292560350.jpg

I want it, I cry:bi_polo:

Reactions: KJ2020

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
thanks friend, i always try to match colors.
However, if the rumor describing pepsi CLEAN red as brick brown had been true, it would have matched better with the clutch bag.

.. I will change my clutch bag :)
lol

LOL. I feel you, my friend. Those are the troubles of an aestheticist.

Reactions: Björn_Ironside

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

​just switched to a prof crystal with a 3.0 mm gasket. Huge improvement overall, but I'm under the impression that the magnification is a tad too low. Waddayasay?

Agree the mag is too low, looks about 2.0X or slightly less. 2.7mm is stock gen gasket height ‐ why choose a 3.0mm gasket?

Reactions: sukwonee

tdx18

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/10/19
Agree the mag is too low, looks about 2.0X or slightly less. 2.7mm is stock gen gasket height ‐ why choose a 3.0mm gasket?

Ignorance, honestly. The crystal from prof was supplied with that one so I just used it, as the original came off slightly damaged. Crystal protrusion seemed okay to me, not sure if it still does now though. :p

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Ignorance, honestly. The crystal from prof was supplied with that one so I just used it, as the original came off slightly damaged. Crystal protrusion seemed okay to me, not sure if it still does now though. :p

Clark's gaskets on Ebay are very good and only about $4. I keep an assortment on hand when changing a crystal so I can assess the mag level. Reps can vary so the gen 2.7mm gasket height isn't always the best. For GMTs or Subs, the range that almost always works is 2.5, 2.7, or 2.85mm.

If you decide to order more than one from Clark's, email him to ask for a special listing so you don't pay extra shipping.

Edit: After posting this, it hit me that a shorter height gasket will lessen your mag even further (d'oh). The way to increase the mag is to use a taller gasket which may not be an option due to the crystal sitting height.

Last edited: