• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

EBAY Breitling 'Dummy' Chronomat B01. Can I make it work?

Pcatewie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/19
Hi,

I came up with a rare item on Ebay. A 'display watch' in really good condition for USD 595, the catch? It has no movement. I asked the seller if I could make it work if I source a B01 movement (or some 3, 6, 9 hands clone movement?). This is what he replied me:

'thank you for your interest
it's a authentic breitling display-watch, a demo-watch from breitling
was used by brand sellers for presentations to retailers
I didn't open the clock
I don't know if the watch is able to receive a movement
I assume so, but I can't guarantee
as I said, the watch is original but only used as a demonstration watch'

This is the link to the watch: https://ebay.us/fjrpOZ

And here is a picture of the watch (it does look pretty good):

Do you think it's possible to make it work if I source a movement for it? Is 595 a good price? I am really tempted to buy it but only if it can receive a movement. Also do you know if I can use a modified A7750 with 3, 6 and 9 subdials for this one?

Any advice will be really appreciated.

P.S. Sorry for my bad English.

elconquistador

Put Some Respect On My Name
Certified
10/6/10
The a7750 or the eta 7750 have the date closer to the middle. You would need a 7753.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Depends on the construction and dimensions. Could be really easy or really hard. I’ve learned with this hobby is probably the latter

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
I thought about buying that for myself actually. But I strayed away due to that same point. I have no idea if a Gen movement would work. If I knew that I would of bought a month ago. Also remember that a Gen movement would be over 1k. I would not dare use a 7750. Just my 2 cents.

Reactions: Pcatewie

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
It's sold. Did you buy it? Honestly for 500 I would buy it. Last month it was over 1k. Looks like he lowered the price when I was looking at it.

Pcatewie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/8/19
It's sold. Did you buy it? Honestly for 500 I would buy it. Last month it was over 1k. Looks like he lowered the price when I was looking at it.
Yes mate, is sold but I didn't buy it. I wanted to be sure that I was going to be able to source a movement for it. When I returned to buy it...was already sold. Maybe is for the best because I didn't find any B01 movements available on Ebay.

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
Yeah and those movements are quite pricey over 1k. Although if it would work. I'd buy it at 500. Shame we couldn't get a straight answer. Getting a working B01 Chronomat for under 2k. What a deal.