• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Scammed on Reddit

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Long story short; I decided to hop over to Reddit for a browse (first and last time) and I came across a Datejust at a relatively good price, hence decided to purchase it from the seller whilst ensuring their verification process had been followed, etc.

3 days later, blocked on WhatsApp, no watch, ignored any attempt to reach out to him by the mods over at Reddit and £265 out of pocket.

The money’s gone, it is what it is and a risk you take in this hobby, lesson learnt to never venture over to that side of the pond again. However, I’m wondering whether anybody can pull up any more info on this POS so I can at least fuck with him (email his place of work, send a box of shit to his address... you know, the norm).

His name is Dominic Marshall (details I have on him are on his photos below).

The email linked to his PayPal account is [email protected].

His Reddit username is AmbitiousDark3647.

Maybe worth checking if he’s lurking around on this forum also.

Dont roast me too hard guys, it was a bloody nice datejust at a killer price and I had a moment of weakness and caved despite my better judgement!!!

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
You've got his address right there on his DL. Drive over and pay him a visit.

Lesson learned though, yeah? I wouldn't touch reddit with a 10 foot pole. Scum of the earth seem to congregate in that cesspool.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
LOL, not to rub salt in the wound but bro... his username should have been enough to warn you off. AmbitiousDark3647? He might as well have used ScammingAsshat69... his intentions were right out there on display.

I genuinely do feel for you though. By nature most humans want to trust others, but this guy screams untrustworthy twat.

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
You've got his address right there on his DL. Drive over and pay him a visit.

Lesson learned though, yeah? I wouldn't touch reddit with a 10 foot pole. Scum of the earth seem to congregate in that cesspool.

Would love nothing more than to pay him a visit, however, it’s sods law that he lives on the other side of the country (15 hour round trip) so not worth the time over 260ish quid.

Trust me, huge lesson learnt, it’s an absolute shit show over there.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
I wouldn’t even buy a replica of a replica on Reddit lol! To bad this had to happen it really justifies how well RWI community is!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: SlippinJimmy

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
You are on your own Slippin' Jimmy

RWI will not assist you with a transaction on Reddit. Good luck.

Reactions: Ecy