• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Omega 300M SMP prototype dial on Ebay

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
No personal experience, but I am skeptical by nature and would pass. I guess the question is how much money are you willing to gamble on it? If it's a drop in the bucket for you then by all means pick it up and then let us know your thoughts.

Is this for a franken?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

W47chl0v3r

PM for 5402 inquiries
Supporter
Certified
29/8/19
Yes it would be for a franken but there are absolutely NO dials for a 41mm Seamaster from that era, specifically for 2531.80. I would rather purchase one for that watch than a random prototype that seems legit based on the seller's reputation, other items being sold, and feedback.

Bill_C

21/10/19
North of Mexico, South of Canada
In that case it might be worth biting the bullet and buying it. The downsides are that they aren't production dials, thereby not really franken material, and there is no way to validate authenticity.
That said, at the end of the day you have to wear what you want to wear and screw mine or anyone else's opinions. If you like the dial, feel like it's worth the gamble and maybe even like the idea that it's got a unique prototype dial then I say go for it and wear it in good health.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk