• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BEWARE OF SCAMMER - RASHFORDDAVID

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Lesson learnt, I am not buying anything from anybody who isn't an established user known to me at least by reputation through involvement in the forum

Yea. I started looking a bit deeper after I saw that the account was created a week or less ago. That’s when the pics came and it was definitely noticeable.

POS scammers are what makes us all look like scammers. Smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fabrythrash

Horology Curious
6/9/19
Me too !!!!!!!! Look here :
u9AlX.jpg

Unbelievable .....

As of the moment it would take a week before I have got a none branded Pam 365, I would inform you on the arrival of that.. if you are still interested.

Best regards
Jonathan

Hello how are you doing?
I'm sorry to inform on getting to my store it came to my knowledge we haven't not the requested Panerai Pam 365
But in accordance to that we have got others you might prefer much more

Best regards
Jonathan
On Fri, Jun 19, 2020, 12:53 AM wrote:
Hy I'm in Italy - Turin

Il 19/06/2020 08:52, Jonathan Atikson ha scritto:
Nice to hear from you.
Yes I do have, where are you located?

On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 11:41 PM wrote:
Hy I was searchin for a PAM 365 in RWI forum and a friend of Yours told me to contact You, I'll copy here the message from the forum :

Hy, I'm in search of this PAM : equation of time with sunset/sunrise display and a nice oper caseback with sky constellation cover inside.
Anyone can help me ? All the TD I've checked (RWI and RWG) are out of stock !
s1tiQ.jpg
s18VS.jpg

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

Fabrythrash

Horology Curious
6/9/19
Please make a sticky ! .... I was very near to be fucked up ... Thanks to RWI and to my brain I've made a little research with this scammer bastard e-mail and I've found this thread ...
I don't know even why, but tomorrow some strange thinkin' happened ... and this is the result !

RWI Rules !
How many noobs like me this fuckin bastard have joked ?
Fortunately the watch he states was not available ... so I've saved my money. Bad game.. If he told me it was ready ... I'll have my money goned away for sure ...

PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ... expecially from this bastard !

Many thanks to everyone involved !

bc1221

30/4/14
Please make a sticky ! .... I was very near to be fucked up ... Thanks to RWI and to my brain I've made a little research with this scammer bastard e-mail and I've found this thread ...
I don't know even why, but tomorrow some strange thinkin' happened ... and this is the result !

RWI Rules !
Fortunately the watch he states was not available ... so I've saved my money. Bad game.. If he told me it was ready ... I'll have my money goned away for sure ...

PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ... expecially from this bastard !

Bro. You probably shouldn’t put your email address on here.

Reactions: Glaude

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
just a suggestion but perhaps we should make it mandatory (if it isn't already.....) for any response to a WTB to be a reserved sale post . The catch being that the "seller" must still meet the criteria for posting a sale. While I am at it, thinking out loud, why not limit sales to supporters or patrons only - that way, when combined with the need to list a reserved sale in response to a WTB, no fucking scammer is going to do a quick grab and run as long as buyers play by the rules.

Picksk

18/6/20
Hello, I had the same exact experience but on another forum, a user PMed me in response to a WTB post asking to get in touch with his buddy via email, the buddy kept insisting on f&f, guess I lucked out as the pics he sent me were from a website I had looked up and could recognize. Yikes...so this is scam across multiple forums :(

Glaude

Tech Admin
Staff member
Administrator
11/8/17

RWI Rules !

We won't make a sticky asking people to exerce common sense, this would be a very sad time even if we are close to it unfortunately.

A lot of scams flourish on people being lazy and not doing their due diligence before sparing with their hard earned money. Even if I'm about to spend $20 online, I'll always do some research on the seller whether it's a private one or a website.

It shouldn't even have to be said that if someone that just joined contact you and has exactly what you are looking for, there's already something fishy here. Pretty much all the rep actors are already members on RWI or are known from other forums. There's little to no chance that a fresh member could be the one with the exact rare piece your a looking for, at best this would indicate that this guy is probably not new to the game and probably a banned member trying to sneak up.

This is not a dig at OP or anyone, mistakes do happen.

bc1221

30/4/14
just a suggestion but perhaps we should make it mandatory (if it isn't already.....) for any response to a WTB to be a reserved sale post . The catch being that the "seller" must still meet the criteria for posting a sale. While I am at it, thinking out loud, why not limit sales to supporters or patrons only - that way, when combined with the need to list a reserved sale in response to a WTB, no fucking scammer is going to do a quick grab and run as long as buyers play by the rules.

I’m pretty sure it is in the rules on RWI but on other forums, not so much. This is why I always prefer selling/buying on here rather than other forums.

Mods and members look out for each other here. The others have members who look out for each other but they don’t need approval from mods to sell or anything like that. They just post a sales thread and whatever happens, happens.

Any WTB thread should be followed up with a reserved sale post. Otherwise, there really isn’t much the mods can do because the sale was not within the rules.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
Being a F&F payment, fucking PayPal won't do anything about it undoubtedly.

And that is why if you pay F&F you fund it with your credit card not from PP balance. PP may not do anything but your bank will.

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
PLEASE MAKE A STICKY TO NOT TO BUY OUTSIDE RWI ...

Mate we are not your mum, we provide a safe(er) environment in which to sell, if people want to do so outside of that it's their problem not ours. We can't hand hold members, people need to take responsibility for their own actions.

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
You should try to talk to your bank and PayPal. Sometimes they will help you out. Even if you paid F&F. Just talk to them and let them know what happened. Someone was selling a watch part you needed but he said to pay F&F but you didn’t realize what that meant or whatever.

PP and your bank will usually be on your side and PP has done this for many in the past. Hell, that’s why a lot of folks will not accept PP in any way. Even friends and family can get charge back.

This guy definitely deserves to get reported and a hell of a lot more. Tried to scam what seems like multiple people at once. Trying that old, I’ll scam a bunch of people and ghost.

That’s the email address he gave me to reach out to as well. But never got the PayPal info. I figured out his BS as soon as I saw the pictures.

Good luck man. I hope you can get some of your funds back.

I’m sure trying to subvert the rules to essentially avoid fees probably puts him in less of a situation with something to do. I’m like 100% sure PayPal and the banks would say “there is a reason goods and services with its nominal fee and buyer protection is there”.

Sadly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wisedennis

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
11/11/22
CONUS USA
Me too !!!!!!!! Look here :
u9AlX.jpg

Unbelievable .....

As of the moment it would take a week before I have got a none branded Pam 365, I would inform you on the arrival of that.. if you are still interested.

Best regards
Jonathan

Hello how are you doing?
I'm sorry to inform on getting to my store it came to my knowledge we haven't not the requested Panerai Pam 365
But in accordance to that we have got others you might prefer much more

Best regards
Jonathan
On Fri, Jun 19, 2020, 12:53 AM wrote:
Hy I'm in Italy - Turin​
Il 19/06/2020 08:52, Jonathan Atikson ha scritto:​
Nice to hear from you.​
Yes I do have, where are you located?​
On Thu, Jun 18, 2020, 11:41 PM wrote:​
Hy I was searchin for a PAM 365 in RWI forum and a friend of Yours told me to contact You, I'll copy here the message from the forum :​
Hy, I'm in search of this PAM : equation of time with sunset/sunrise display and a nice oper caseback with sky constellation cover inside.​
Anyone can help me ? All the TD I've checked (RWI and RWG) are out of stock !
s1tiQ.jpg
s18VS.jpg
Thanks in advance​
@P..DR..D exactly Looks like this message

Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
@P..DR..D exactly Looks like this message
And that is why there is the below pinned to the top of the WTB section:

Of course members should post their WTB's & from time to time you may get lucky as a result. I have on one occasion, but many others have been the result of quick fingers on M2M and friends.

ALWAYS exercise caution & report anything that looks dodgy or anyone attempting to take the sale outside the confines of the M2M area.

These types of members don't deserve to be here.

Reactions: Raddave