• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BEWARE OF SCAMMER - RASHFORDDAVID

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Please be very careful. I should have known better but slipped up in my excitement.

Rashforddavid contacted me in relation to a WTB post for a Pam 087 and provided contact details of a friend selling one. Had I been more careful, I would have noticed that this was the first post for a user created on 17/06/20.

After corresponding with the supposed "seller" Jonathan Atikson (New Jersey) on the email [email protected], he asked for F&F payment but on a different email, being [email protected] for Jason Cole.

Not only did the scumbag not actually intend to post anything, he tried to ask for an additional $50 USD postage to cover alternative shipping methods due to the riots in the US. When I declined and asked for a refund , he disappeared. To make it worse, he also tried to double dip and charge twice through PayPal which my bank fortunately declined. Being a F&F payment, fucking PayPal won't do anything about it undoubtedly.

Perhaps the mods can identify who created the user Rashforddavid ?

Reactions: axel.gold

Raddave

Most Delicious of all Nipples!
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Please be very careful. I should have known better but slipped up in my excitement.

Rashforddavid contacted me in relation to a WTB post for a Pam 087 and provided contact details of a friend selling one. Had I been more careful, I would have noticed that this was the first post for a user created on 17/06/20.

After corresponding with the supposed "seller" Jonathan Atikson (New Jersey) on the email [email protected], he asked for F&F payment but on a different email, being [email protected] for Jason Cole.

Not only did the scumbag not actually intend to post anything, he tried to ask for an additional $50 USD postage to cover alternative shipping methods due to the riots in the US. When I declined and asked for a refund , he disappeared. To make it worse, he also tried to double dip and charge twice through PayPal which my bank fortunately declined. Being a F&F payment, fucking PayPal won't do anything about it undoubtedly.

i had just got a report form someone else about this guy

we are looking into it

Reactions: axel.gold

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
ive place him on no sale for now

Raddave

Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
24/12/11
Thank you kind sir, don't know if I will ever see my money again but hopefully no one else gets burnt

we will do what we can to help out ...

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Got a PM yesterday from him too on my WTB post for a simple clasp, but I did not respond because it was from a new account and he typed up a super odd PM to me. I’m very sorry for your loss.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Got a PM yesterday from him too on my WTB post for a simple clasp, but I did not respond because it was from a new account and he typed up a super odd PM to me. I’m very sorry for your loss.

Thanks mate, I have been in this game for quite a few years and this is un/fortunately the first time I have fallen for a scam. Ultimately, no one to blame but myself by letting my enthusiasm at finding a Pam 87 when I thought I would be waiting for a long time overcome caution. Clearly , the scammer is someone familiar with forum rules as everything seemed legit. The irony is that all my previous interactions have been with members with integrity despite, or specifically because of, the nature of the products we collect.

PAM_BOY

Legendary Member
6/5/19
Germany
I also received a PM from RASHFORDDAVID yesterday for my WTB contribution.
I was also a bit skeptical because he has 0 posts. And did not reply to [email protected]. Fortunately!
And now I'm reading your post, thanks for your advice!
I'am also very sorry for your loss!

RASHFORDDAVID what a dick sucker :bringiton:

Aphung2

Supporter
Certified
6/4/20
CA, US
Thanks mate, I have been in this game for quite a few years and this is un/fortunately the first time I have fallen for a scam. Ultimately, no one to blame but myself by letting my enthusiasm at finding a Pam 87 when I thought I would be waiting for a long time overcome caution. Clearly , the scammer is someone familiar with forum rules as everything seemed legit. The irony is that all my previous interactions have been with members with integrity despite, or specifically because of, the nature of the products we collect.

It truly is great that the overwhelming majority of the members here are people of integrity. And it definitely is ironic given the nature of dealing with replica goods as you’ve stated. It’s one of the reasons I’m personally starting to be more active around here.

With that said.. scammers who go out to elaborately exploit forum rules truly are despicable. They will never win in the long run in life, one way or another.

I hope you get the watch you were looking for eventually man, it’s bound to happen one day!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Wow. This guy is all over the place. I posted a WTB MQ16800 dial on rep geek. He messaged me telling me his buddy has one he can sell.

I asked for pictures. He sent me 2 different pictures thinking I wouldn’t notice. When I pointed out the differences, he just said I have a sharp eye and never heard back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
I had a similar PM reply two days ago to a WTB on Vintage Rolex Forum: "My friend has what you’re looking for. Contact him [email protected]". Also a brand new user ("ammy.chloe") with zero posts. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same person using a different persona on the gen forums.

bc1221

30/4/14
This is the pic he sent me of the MQ dial he/she whatever tried to scam me with.

b305d3dcc0f560161fe227da5105352c.jpg

I noticed a few markers on the dial so I asked for a pic of the face of the dial. He must have been in a rush bc this is the pic he sent me claiming it’s the same dial.

a6c814c22fd02f1b20d155be2d510260.jpg

You would have to be blind to not be able to see the difference.

Oh and the first dial, he got it off of eBay bc I remember seeing that exact angle somewhere. I thought I saw it on MQs site but nope. eBay.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Rolex-Subm...509258?hash=item262b6fdf8a:g:uYsAAOSwq5Fcn3o4

Dude didn’t even bother to try to get one of the different angle shots. He just grabbed (what looks like a yuki dial) picture and sent it to me.

My guess is he just googled 16800 matte dial and grabbed one of first ones.

What a joke. I know he’s on here and repgeek. Not sure about the other forums but I’m sure the mods have notified the other mods.

Last edited:

bc1221

30/4/14

You should try to talk to your bank and PayPal. Sometimes they will help you out. Even if you paid F&F. Just talk to them and let them know what happened. Someone was selling a watch part you needed but he said to pay F&F but you didn’t realize what that meant or whatever.

PP and your bank will usually be on your side and PP has done this for many in the past. Hell, that’s why a lot of folks will not accept PP in any way. Even friends and family can get charge back.

This guy definitely deserves to get reported and a hell of a lot more. Tried to scam what seems like multiple people at once. Trying that old, I’ll scam a bunch of people and ghost.

That’s the email address he gave me to reach out to as well. But never got the PayPal info. I figured out his BS as soon as I saw the pictures.

Good luck man. I hope you can get some of your funds back.

Cicero

RWI Legal Advisor
Global Moderator
Certified
12/3/15
This has become a common scam where a member responds to WTB post indicating that their friend/relative has what the member who placed the ad is looking for. It is being used on RWI and RG. Gentlemen, please exercise your common sense when receiving PMs from unknown members. Although not required with a WTB thread, insist that a sales thread be started by the member offering the item.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
You should try to talk to your bank and PayPal. Sometimes they will help you out. Even if you paid F&F. Just talk to them and let them know what happened. Someone was selling a watch part you needed but he said to pay F&F but you didn’t realize what that meant or whatever.

PP and your bank will usually be on your side and PP has done this for many in the past. Hell, that’s why a lot of folks will not accept PP in any way. Even friends and family can get charge back.

This guy definitely deserves to get reported and a hell of a lot more. Tried to scam what seems like multiple people at once. Trying that old, I’ll scam a bunch of people and ghost.

That’s the email address he gave me to reach out to as well. But never got the PayPal info. I figured out his BS as soon as I saw the pictures.

Thanks for the tips, I will try PP. Have already informed bank.

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
This has become a common scam where a member responds to WTB post indicating that their friend/relative has what the member who placed the ad is looking for. It is being used on RWI and RG. Gentlemen, please exercise your common sense when receiving PMs from unknown members. Although not required with a WTB thread, insist that a sales thread be started by the member offering the item.

Lesson learnt, I am not buying anything from anybody who isn't an established user known to me at least by reputation through involvement in the forum

peyups

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
18/2/08

Try this.

I am sure your credit card or bank will handle this for you if paypal won't.