• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex datejust on auction, can someone confirm its a fake?

MassMass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/16
Hi, found an auction for a couple of watches, one of them is a datejust for ladies. For me it looks very fake at first glance but when comparing to vintage gen ones the finish is pretty similar. However, now I cant stop thinking about it, can someone pls just confirm that this is a fake so I can let it go, otherwise I won't be able to sleep if I don't buy it. What makes me confused is that the auction house is a serious one but sells mostly old furniture etc. Maybe this one has slipped through without anyone noticing it is a Rolex?

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
links look like solid gold from the photos, all gold is the same colour...i'd say it may be the real deal. photo quality is potato grade though.

MassMass

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/9/16
links look like solid gold from the photos, all gold is the same colour...i'd say it may be the real deal. photo quality is potato grade though.

Ye, I thought that too! Has seen a lot of faded gold links and bezels over the years but this one looks pretty solid. However, I cant find a gen one with the "lume dots" separated from the hour marks and the text on the lower half seems too big to me. The current bid is 400$ for the whole lot, it would be a shame to miss it if this one is a gen.

Unfortunately this is the only pics I have

Reactions: irishjohn

irishjohn

Renowned Member
24/11/15
Ye, I thought that too! Has seen a lot of faded gold links and bezels over the years but this one looks pretty solid. However, I cant find a gen one with the "lume dots" separated from the hour marks and the text on the lower half seems too big to me. The current bid is 400$ for the whole lot, it would be a shame to miss it if this one is a gen.

Unfortunately this is the only pics I have

My gen mid 90's datejust dial has a dial very similar but 36mm, if we could see the bottom and it says TSWISSMADET it would be correct..... i think.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
It's a shame we don't have access to better pictures, definitely agree with the post above, definitely looks like gold and not plating.

chocolito

I'm Pretty Popular
12/9/17
Can't believe ANYBODY thought this watch was genuine ! It's a looky looky man beach special .

Reactions: Kanew