• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

DHL asking for proof of purchase to release from customs - order to UK.

moohead

Looking Around
16/2/20
Hi There,

Ordered my first ever watch from Intime to the UK and received got a voicemail and text message from DHL saying it is on "customs hold requiring proof of purchase". The voicemail mentioned something about how they just needed to see proof of value to release from customs. They've provided a phone number to call and an email address to send proof of purchase.

I have emailed Intime who I'm sure will come back to me, as I'm not even sure what value they would have listed it as. But has anyone experienced this before? Any tips for what I should tell them (or send) to get it released would be very much appreciated? I paid in BTC so don't have a credit card receipt or anything.

Thanks!

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Have you tracked it on the dhl website as this sounds like a scam me.
Received many dhl packages to UK and never been contacted by them in that way. Good luck with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

moohead

Looking Around
16/2/20
Thanks botsyboy, appreciate the reply. It seems legitimate as the DHL website says its awaiting customs clearance but interesting to know it's not a usual occurrence. The status did update overnight to in transit, delivery due 2nd April, so I'll leave it a few days and see if it arrives!

Reactions: botsyboy

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
I have hade same issue to Sweden a few times. And they only want to know the value. So they can deside how mutch import fee/tax you are going to pay. I use to
Reply that the package is a gift from a friend And its a watchbraclet or watch parts with a value at 20usd. And it works for me here in Sweden. Dont worry buddy.

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

Reactions: moohead

Tompa

Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
”Its a gift from a friend,so i dont have any recipt or anything, but the value is 20usd. Watchbraclet”
Somthing like that

Skickat från min Sputnik satellit

botsyboy

Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Ignore the request and it will be delivered just fine buddy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Sometimes they want a proof of payment, since you paid in BTC, best would wait for intime to send an invoice which you'll forward them. Usually, they contact you because the declaration form was missing from the package.