• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Breitling B17 movements from Italy on Ebay?

Serafino

You're Saying I Can Sell?
4/1/12
Same pictures of same movement and same serial number in the multiple auctions past and present. Seller is asking around $270 and has 100% feedback. Auctions are private so you can't easily look at the seller's other auctions. Past auctions mostly seem to have been ended 'because the item is no longer available'. I asked the seller to send me a picture of the actual movement for the current auction and I got no response, and that particular auction is now only on the Italian Ebay site.

I get that this is too good to be true AND shady as heck, but what is this seller even up to? Also, I can't find that reps have reached this level of accuracy, so I suspect the pictured movement was real, maybe seller is baiting/switching with replica movements?

Here's one of them:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BREITLING-...511102?hash=item2169b6d73e:g:F00AAOSwGLZcgEWg

Reactions: timewaster

Natas78

Trusted Watchmaker
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
21/8/11
EU
He’s trustworthy but beware, the movements are sold as is, so they are old and need service.
They have signs of use but nevertheless chronometre grade.
You’ll have to have them serviced which can cost a lot, or use as is and take the risk

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk Pro

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Purchased a 2824-2 and a 7750 from the seller, one needed a service, the other was in keeping good time. Definitely recommend purchasing from him. You can also haggle a bit to get a better deal!

Serafino

4/1/12
Yes I imagined as much after finding it. He does himself no favors with how he presents his auctions! Well I keep making decisions and new information comes in and I have to rethink everything. Thank you!

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
Legit movements - I have bought several. Even if he says they are keeping good time, you should service them as some of my purchases definitely needed it. On the plus side, once serviced, they are chronometre grade genuine Breitling movements that will perform will for a long time.

Serafino

4/1/12
You all have talked me into it. (Downgrading the Sellita option after lots of research also helped) I have to wait to the end of the month for the hands to be available anyway. Hopefully I get one that cleans up nice and lives up to its certification. I will report back.

Serafino

4/1/12
Transaction went very smoothly and quickly, and I am 99 % sure that the movement is legit. Many thanks everyone who spoke up, you made all the difference in the quality of my current project.

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
Transaction went very smoothly and quickly, and I am 99 % sure that the movement is legit. Many thanks everyone who spoke up, you made all the difference in the quality of my current project.

Saw entries in the chat log, if you're unsure about the movement feel free to post the pictures here, other members and I can help you out!

Serafino

4/1/12
Thank you! Mainly I'm just trying to narrow down a few tells so I can reach certainty. For instance have there been rep B17 movements with clean ETA badges and COSC numbers on them? Polished rachet and main wheel have been put forward as a tell for clones in the past. The movement I got has these but I have finally found a picture of a gen B17 where the corner of the mainwheel is visible and it does appear to be polished.

Also I've read that some recent clones have Incablock-looking shock protection but the pictures are gone from the threads I've found. I'd like to see one to compare. Thanks again for any help. I can get pictures up later if that's the only way to go.

Last edited:

offpink

I'm Pretty Popular
7/1/19
MXP - NYC
have there been rep B17 movements with clean ETA badges and COSC numbers on them?
Not that I'm aware of, I would recommend attaching picture but from my experience with the seller they are completely gen and not pieced together with a few aftermarket parts as they are pretty old and untouched.

Serafino

4/1/12
Yeah mine looks exactly like the 15 pictures of gens I've tracked down. I'm just trying to find out how far the REPS have gone, just to be sure. So far only have 3 of those. Thanks again everyone.

Fumagallia46

22/1/20
you can buy with complete confidence, I had smooth transactions in the past ;)

Last edited: