• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"maxracingshox" has done some work for me but got delayed.

neothehacker

Horology Curious
18/11/19
Dear community,

Be careful with the RWI user "maxracingshox" - I def got scammed by him as he serviced a watch and not sending it back. He's also ignoring any type of messages (PM+Emails) - even though seeing him online.

I would highly appreciate if someone has more Information to share about him. (Even in a PM)

I hope this great community remains as great as it is!

Last edited by a moderator:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
1 post.

I'll definitely believe your accusations without feeling the need for any sort of details or back story.

Reactions: Mr Monaco

neothehacker

Horology Curious
18/11/19
Glaude I opened a ticket some days ago but I have been told that help can only be given for trusted dealers etc.

I have seen some posts in the forum where he has been recommended for servicing watches.
I sent him a PM and had the agreement to send him the watch that he services and sends back. He was super polite and responsive, at some point he said he is done with service and about the send the watch back. NO more contact since then. Ignoring all my messages, emails. I saw him online, so he was on this site.

Not experienced in this kind of stuff - how many times someone gets scammed?

Thank you all for your support!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Glaude I opened a ticket some days ago but I have been told that help can only be given for trusted dealers etc.

I have seen some posts in the forum where he has been recommended for servicing watches.
I sent him a PM and had the agreement to send him the watch that he services and sends back. He was super polite and responsive, at some point he said he is done with service and about the send the watch back. NO more contact since then. Ignoring all my messages, emails. I saw him online, so he was on this site.

Not experienced in this kind of stuff - how many times someone gets scammed?

Thank you all for your support!

I don't really see what the scam is - you sent him a watch to service, he serviced it, said he was ready to return the watch and according to you has stopped replying to emails.

He would have offered his services against payment - have you paid him ?

How long has he not been responding to your emails - 1 hour, a day - more than a day ?

neothehacker

Horology Curious
18/11/19
He is keeping the watch, not shipping it back. 2 weeks now without response. Yes I made a payment.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
maxracingshox I have been talking to this member for the past few days. He is very concerned about his watch. He is new and does not understand how it all works yet and patience is a prerequisite to enjoy this hobby. I know it is Christmas time and everyone is seriously busy with non watch related business. Would you mind responding to this member at your earliest convenience please.

Reactions: neothehacker

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
You were told, no one has scammed you.
It's been what, a week? Calm the hell down and just wait for a bit, things can happen.
Oh and as for going to the cops, about what? Your fake watch? Do you honestly think they will care? Is not the possession of counterfeit goods illegal in Germany?

Max would have more chance of having you prosecuted for libel than you do of any charges being laid, even if it was a legit watch no offence has been committed, what do you think he's done? Now, pull yer head in and wait, it's Christmas and most places are closed.

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
Also just to reiterate on this thread. If you choose to use a modder that is not an official RWI watchmaker you should not expect the RWI staff to get involved if anything goes wrong. We really have enough to do to sort out issues with TDs, SVs and M2M sales. We cannot mediate on issues relating to the 100s of unofficial modders on the forum.

Reactions: Tucker

neothehacker

Horology Curious
18/11/19
Okay, lesson learned. I don't have any expectations to RWI staff, I was just hoping that anything may come up that is helpful as you are experienced.

The thing is that this burdens day after day.
I even sent him an iMessage (iphone) through his email adress and just a simple "I'm alive and busy, please wait" would suffice! Ignoring even that.

Sorry and thank you guys.

Merry Xmas

Reactions: Mr Monaco

GingerBubba

SUPERLATIVE SUPPORTER I'm an angel
24/10/17
Okay, lesson learned. I don't have any expectations to RWI staff, I was just hoping that anything may come up that is helpful as you are experienced.

I even sent him an iMessage (iphone) through his email adress and just a simple "I'm alive and busy, please wait" would suffice! Ignoring even that.

Merry Xmas

Good response dude.

I really don't think you need to worry, not for a second. A lot of the modders on here do it for fun as a hobby and it gets squeezed in around their 'real' job, families etc. Forget about the watch and it'll turn up. Buy a new one or two in the meantime to keep you going.

Reactions: neothehacker

Ams55557

Renowned Member
16/3/18
I find that buying from a TD every...ohh two to three weeks is the best way to both avoid getting anxious that anyone is scamming me and to maximize the dopamine from getting shiny things in the mail.
I just can’t stop.
They say I have a problem, but it’ seems to be working out pretty well.

ssouthall6

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/10/13

Merry Xmas

If they did that for every customer, it would take them a day a month.

Just trust the system. Max is a top guy. Nobody needs a watch yesterday. Tomrep has had mine for 8 months now and he's not replying. I'm guessing he's busy. I'll start worrying when we get closer to Brexit!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk