• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Thoughts on this 116610LN on the Bay

RepC

6/9/19
Hi guys,

Was searching the bay for a gen 116610 insert and came across this 116610LN from 2019.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.nl/ulk/itm/293214176938

f705c631ad885f3d42e0f7499bdf63de.png

Looking at the rehaut as it it not dead centered made me suspicious. Your thoughts?

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

bill33

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
12/5/12
UK
Nothing wrong with it. They come misaligned sometimes, no big deal.

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Majority of gens are misaligned , The things we pick apart reps for on here are on a LOT of gens anyway

Reactions: RepC

RepC

6/9/19
Majority of gens are misaligned , The things we pick apart reps for on here are on a LOT of gens anyway

That’s interesting! Sometimes indeed I find myself to picky when it comes to reps even though i know there always be flaws in them. But then again, if inspend 10 grand, better be alligned, but thats just me.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hazing

And So It Begins... Again
9/5/19
yeah, gens have flaws too. It's not uncommon for a dial to be off slightly. I've seen some flaws on on gens that you'd be absolutely shocked by. Especially with macro shots. That is part of the charm of a Rolex - the slight variation of each unit.

Reactions: JDM180

JDM180

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
3/9/13
Shit lume
Shit dial print
Misaligned date mags
Misaligned rehauts
Badly polished parts

All things I've experienced after waiting months and seems to be common place, Rolex is at the lower end of luxury watches in the gen world , But the best at marketing

Makes me appreciate the reps even more.

Last edited:

otabaru

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/3/18
I guess the situation got worst in the recent years with the exceptional increase of people after the sport models, year long wait lists, etc...
They can´t mass produce a watch so full of fine details without any flaws.

JustWatchin

27/1/13
USA
I picked up the new air king just recently, same thing, the crown doesn't line up perfect among other things. It used to bother me on my gen watches, mainly because I thought it was only something reps came with. Just my .02

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I picked up the new air king just recently, same thing, the crown doesn't line up perfect among other things. It used to bother me on my gen watches, mainly because I thought it was only something reps came with. Just my .02

Literally, there are like 2/10 watches made where the fully screwed down crown is lined up. I don’t think they even thought about that when they were designing it.

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

JustWatchin

27/1/13
USA
Literally, there are like 2/10 watches made where the fully screwed down crown is lined up. I don’t think they even thought about that when they were designing it.

I bet you're right, just something the manufacturer considers trivial. I asked the AD if they could fix it but was told they couldn't, I found that hard to believe.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I bet you're right, just something the manufacturer considers trivial. I asked the AD if they could fix it but was told they couldn't, I found that hard to believe.

Sometimes as someone’s already said it’s the dial, not the rehaut itself. Btw it can be done, I know many who did.. Just ask a good watchsmith instead of the AD!

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Rolex messes up quite a bit. The latest major defect was this guy. https://youtu.be/mDyFyynEe4U

I can’t believe nobody at Rolex’s Q/A team caught that but I’d bet that thing is worth quite a bit and will keep going up in value.

I’d wear it just because it’s a hilarious defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alfonzo

25/7/19
Rolex messes up quite a bit. The latest major defect was this guy. https://youtu.be/mDyFyynEe4U

I can’t believe nobody at Rolex’s Q/A team caught that but I’d bet that thing is worth quite a bit and will keep going up in value.

I’d wear it just because it’s a hilarious defect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yup the "old 99" would be a keeper and it would NEVER go back to the R-factory