• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Too good to be true?

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
Also, the crown seems a bit large to be a 703...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
I wouldn't buy it.

Service dial, service insert, service hands, gen movement, a well used and abused 704 crown, aftermarket crystal, possibly a gen case back, and as he's being so coy about pics of the case, I'd say an aftermarket case - and not a very good one either.

All that comes to about $4000 - $4500.

Check his previous sales, all over a year ago, and most for junk 'vintage' watches sold for no more than $60.

Last edited:

bc1221

Put Some Respect On My Name
30/4/14
I wouldn't buy it.

Service dial, service insert, service hands, gen movement, a well used and abused 704 crown, aftermarket crystal, possibly a gen case back, and as he's being so coy about pics of the case, I'd say an aftermarket case - and not a very good one either.

All that comes to about $4000 - $4500.

Check his previous sales, all over a year ago, and most for junk 'vintage' watches sold for no more than $60.

Yea. I figured something was up due to the price being that low.The service dial was a easy tell, even-though it looks great. I didn’t catch the rest of it tho. I’m glad I didn’t buy it.

Thanks!

owk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/10/18
Yea. I figured something was up due to the price being that low.The service dial was a easy tell, even-though it looks great. I didn’t catch the rest of it tho. I’m glad I didn’t buy it.

Thanks!

It would be hard for me to trust someone on ebay. Luckily you didn't purchase.