• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Please help identify Rolex Daytona Gen Pusher? P402 - 5 digit models

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Please help identify Rolex Daytona Gen Pusher? P402 for 5 digit models

Hi guys, I recently acquired a gen pair of P402 Pusher from a reliable source.
They came with blister but where used and opened before.
Usually I wouldn’t doubt the authenticity. They feel gen like and pusher function goes very smooth. What made me suspicious is the double line engraved crown plus the missing “stop” from the inner pin/screw. It can be old version but I was not able to find similar pictures or offers online. The double line is there, but it’s different (wider) than other P402 or P502 Pushers and usually they all looked similar as far as I have seen. I did some comparison with Noob Daytona Pusher, which is of course P502 style and not P402. Can anyone chime in please?
tripdog, occb2 @quetip... or someone else. I don’t know who knows best. Many thanks.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Ok, got it solved by myself and by asking my seller

It’s a very old pusher from first style of 5 digit Daytona. Here is a pic of a 1989 watch with same pusher. Note, in same year were also watches with newer style. So both exist in parallel.
However, glad to have this cleared :)

Was convinced this has to be gen because of you have it in hands you feel a difference of quality and how smooth pusher goes, compared to any rep pusher I had in hands. But couldn’t find the same parts online because old Daytonas are rare...

9a57f463450463918de7bc782a202307.jpg

Reactions: Ecender