• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A handy-dandy template for dealing with fake Rolex bracelets on eBay

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Feel free to copy, paste, save, and use as necessary

=====

Hi,

This is a note that I've turned into a template because there are SO MANY FAKE "62353H-18" bracelets on eBay. Yours happens to be one of them. How do I know? Your bracelet exhibits one or more of the following properties:
  • The "3" at the end of 62353 is a Rolex code indicating "mix of stainless and yellow gold". This bracelet is all-stainless. All-stainless is indicated with a "0"; all-gold with an "8".
  • The "-18" indicates 18K gold. There are also 62353H-14 bracelets that are 14K gold. Yours, obviously, is neither.
  • The clasp's date stamp is D12. That translates to December 1978 (D is the year code, 12 is the month). D12 is the most common date stamp seen on fake 62353s. If the date stamp isn't D12, there's a very small chance that that one piece of the bracelet is genuine; however there are so many other flaws in the bracelet as a whole that I wouldn't count on it.
  • The clasp is the Oyster style. The 62353 is a Jubilee bracelet. It is left for you to study the difference.
  • Likewise the bracelet itself is an Oyster, whereas it should be a Jubilee.
  • The final link of the bracelet is marked 69623. Rolex never made a bracelet with this model number. The 69623 is a Ladies Yachtmaster watch. Quiz time: what does the 3 at the end tell you?
  • The end links marked 455 or 455B, if your bracelet comes with them, should be "mix of stainless and yellow gold". These end links are all-stainless. The all-stainless end link code is 555 or 555B.
eBay Terms Of Service prohibit BOTH fake/counterfeit items AND "authenticity disclaimers". Please take your listing down. Thanks.

=====

Last edited:
Reactions: PatPzKdt

riderocket

18/9/18
Not that I'm looking for bracelets, but bookmarked just for the information listed in it.
Thanks!