• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

"Custom" 18K Patek Philippe Cal.23-300 40mm

Kwanruan

3/2/16
Germany
Hey guys,

found this one the other day on ebay. It is really good looking but the seller claims in description that the case is aftermarket "not original" so I hight doubt that the case is made from 18k gold.
The caliber 23-300 looks fine to my eye, compared it with a decorated seagull. Also seller doesn't says a word about dial origin... Seller had listed other watches with aftermarket cases before. See here and here.

What are your thoughts. Is it just a rep or a gen movement in a cheap case?

Best regards Kwanruan

Kwanruan

3/2/16
Germany
Alright folks, here is an update. I found a similar build watch on a website called "every watch has a story". Maybe it's the same seller but sadly there is no imprint...
Here is the link, in the very detailed description is says:

"This watch has been converted from a vintage pocket watch, which has been placed inside a new finely designed and created wristwatch case."
and also
"This stunning case is custom made with rose gold plating over stainless steel."

All in all I think 14K is way too much for this, I'm curious for how much the one on ebay will change it's owner ;)

Last edited: