• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Many suspicious omega seamasters on ebay

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
Messaged the guy about the first one. Seems likely to be legit.

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Too bad each rep doesn't use a standard LE number (1234/7007). Doing a m2m search I see:

VSF - 1312, 1207, 1290, 1960, 1543
MKS - 0466, 0858
V6F - 4616, 4219, 1945

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
Interesting so these are the only numbers that they produce out of 7007? Then maybe these are legit? Last link still looks highly suspect. Or maybe original strap got destroyed.

KraftMac

Bluebox Champ
5/4/14
Central TX
I don't own any Gen Omega, but isn't the plastic box in the first a dead giveaway? That's how my reps have come, I would be a bit upset if I paid gen price and got a plastic package like that.

Reactions: jaqueh

cheld

Renowned Member
Supporter
7/3/18
Interesting so these are the only numbers that they produce out of 7007? Then maybe these are legit? Last link still looks highly suspect. Or maybe original strap got destroyed.

No I was just pointing out that the rep factories are using lots of different numbers, which makes it harder to call out a particular number as a definitive rep.

I think when the first SMPc rep came out in 2012/2013, the factory used the same serial number on all its pieces, and OmegaForums reported that very quickly. With these Spectres it's not going to be possible to identify a rep vs. a gen using just the LE number. There are still some pretty easy tells: brushed crown on V6F, "JEWETS" on MKS, the bad 5 on the bezel, the TM on the bracelet, but to be sure it's going to take a picture of the balance.

And there's NO WAY I'd buy a Spectre without the full kit - anything that's watch & bracelet/NATO only is immediately suspect.

Reactions: jaqueh

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16
No I was just pointing out that the rep factories are using lots of different numbers, which makes it harder to call out a particular number as a definitive rep.

I think when the first SMPc rep came out in 2012/2013, the factory used the same serial number on all its pieces, and OmegaForums reported that very quickly. With these Spectres it's not going to be possible to identify a rep vs. a gen using just the LE number. There are still some pretty easy tells: brushed crown on V6F, "JEWETS" on MKS, the bad 5 on the bezel, the TM on the bracelet, but to be sure it's going to take a picture of the balance.

And there's NO WAY I'd buy a Spectre without the full kit - anything that's watch & bracelet/NATO only is immediately suspect.

Gen watches can come in those plastic sleeves, but it's not common for those to be sold. Yeah I want to report these, but I don't know if I have enough basis to definitively say any are fake.

jaqueh

Horology Curious
2/8/16

Did you report them? I tried reporting the really bad one but no response from eBay yet.

The giveaway for me on the nicer looking fake is the strap. The engraving looks shallow, edges aren’t beveled, and the weave is good but not perfect like it should be.

vortexuk

22/7/16
Jeez, they've all sold let's hope for the buyers sake they were legit!