• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Newest Ebay Scam for Buy it now listings (Daytona 7750)

Jester929rr

The inquisitive one
18/9/18
Wow that’s old school right there. It reminds me of all the things they sell on infomercials with moneyback guarantees. All you have to do is pay the shipping to get it to you and the return shipping if you don’t want it. But sometimes the shipping cost as much as the item itself. So either way they know it’s not worth bothering with. The whole thing is just a selling scam.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
What a POS. Reported. Message sent to sh!thead seller.

Last edited:

rolexwatchfan

Put Some Respect On My Name
17/8/13
Wow that’s old school right there. It reminds me of all the things they sell on infomercials with moneyback guarantees. All you have to do is pay the shipping to get it to you and the return shipping if you don’t want it. But sometimes the shipping cost as much as the item itself. So either way they know it’s not worth bothering with. The whole thing is just a selling scam.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

No it's not "old school", Paypal/Ebay won't return $2000 shipping charge no matter what. Look it up in their charge back/return policy. https://www.ebay.com/help/buying/returns-refunds/start-return/return-postage?id=4066

Mika00

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
7/10/17
In this instance perhaps it is a scam, however as dealing my self on eBay it used to be a way to beat the fees system by listing an item for $1 and shipping costs for e.g. $1000. In this way you would only have to pay few cents on fees after selling this item as it was so cheap. I have never done this way, however I know that it was a thing.

rolexwatchfan

17/8/13
In this instance perhaps it is a scam, however as dealing my self on eBay it used to be a way to beat the fees system by listing an item for $1 and shipping costs for e.g. $1000. In this way you would only have to pay few cents on fees after selling this item as it was so cheap. I have never done this way, however I know that it was a thing.

Yes but if SHTF you will get jack shit in return if the seller sends you a brick. Would you risk your money it in favor of the seller? That is the question...

stufuse

22/10/17
UK
Im sure The whole shipping amount goes through PayPal still along with the $1 purchase, so if this method side steps eBay you could still raise a dispute on the transaction with PayPal outside of eBay ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk