• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake watch on chrono24

carlium

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/18
v?xj?
So considering the scrutiny with which we judge reps, I find it very weird that a gen ap would be this asymmetric. Your thoughts? Look at the 7 o'clock indicator for example. This is a watch that costs roughly 40k usd

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
I think its just the lighting in the straight on picture. Looks pretty kosher in other angles.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Your titled sounds like something from the yellow press mate...

And i wouldn't consider this vintage beauty a FAKE WATCH :D

yeah the marker is crooked and so are some on other newer RO's. But in this case the watch is merely about 30-40 years old

like on rolex vintage models - the true collectors are hunting for those mistakes - the vintage AP market isn't that big so there isn't so much information about tropical tapisserie dials, yellow gold bezel screws and off course crooked markers on watches that go for horrendous amounts of paper ;)

- some things change.

carlium

15/4/18
v?xj?
Hehe yeah it might have sounded a bit exaggerated. But i just found it weird that a piece of haute horlogerie wouldnt be more symmetrical considering how picky we are on rwi when it comes to 300-500 usd reps

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hehe yeah it might have sounded a bit exaggerated. But i just found it weird that a piece of haute horlogerie wouldnt be more symmetrical considering how picky we are on rwi when it comes to 300-500 usd reps

yeah RWI members are all a bit picky and would even reject gens haha

i think it is a result of the possibility to reject a rep watch in the QC process. Wouldn't that privilege been given to us there would be no nit picking because we would have to be satisfied with what we would get for that percentage of money in such a "dark" business.

But i really love it to have things like a QC by yourself - when there would have been no need for improvements we would be still on the standard from 10 years ago in the rep world...

Reactions: carlium

carlium

15/4/18
v?xj?
No i doubt it is fake. I have been to the store and it seems serious. Even if you look at the second or third pic, I think it seems off. Just goes to show that we are on rwi (ie me) are a picky bunch.

i bought my gen 116610 LN in AD store. But I've found faults with it, and also my gen breitling.

carlium

15/4/18
v?xj?
Got it to work, might be fake. Not big on iwc so i really cant tell a difference