• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen PAM Straps on eBay?

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
100% fake!!! You can see from stitching quality and the logo. Crappy quality rep straps

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

MrBeasy

Put Some Respect On My Name
8/2/16
Really? I wonder why he has 233 positive feedback.

Hisenburg

Known Member
29/12/13
Are there certain rep strap makers that have decent quality straps? The straps that come with our reps are garbage. Some of these supposed “seconds” look very supple and better quality

mskwatch

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/15
EU
Are there certain rep strap makers that have decent quality straps? The straps that come with our reps are garbage. Some of these supposed “seconds” look very supple and better quality

not all rep straps are bad, from my personal experience the 690 zf has a good quality rep strap

michelesanctis

Known Member
17/9/17
Cardiff, UK
I think I have bought a strap for my 359 from that guy. I must admit on first inspection the leather looked nice and soft and didn't suspect anything, but when I fitted a tang buckle and tried to put it on my hand, it basically ripped the bit where the buckle was. I use a genuine Panerai croc strap that I did get from eBay from someone else who gets very limited items from his family member who works for Panerai and have January staff sale. That one is just perfect, but it did cost me a few hundred pounds with polished deployment.
On the positive, the seller didn't quibble at all when confronted and I didn't even have to ask for refund. He just gave me the money back and told me to keep the strap too.

cheeky

Renowned Member
16/8/15
Really? I wonder why he has 233 positive feedback.

I think only people in the industry or those that use these forums and do their research can spot the difference with rep strap as on the face of it they are ok. A high percentage of panerai owners probably couldn’t spot the difference and some maybe don’t care. The easiest way with that seller is go through his other listings and look how wobbly the rear stitching is on all straps are. A gen panerai strap has far straighter stitching and that translates to the rear of the strap also. There’s no way panerai would want poor quality straps out there even if it is a second. If he refunds without sending back to keep his feedback clean that says it all. They probably cost him $25 each. 100% fake

Sent from the RWI App

Daveol08

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/17
I bought one of these from this guy. Called him on it when it arrived an he eventually gave me a full refund after a bit of arguing when I threatened to get ebay involved.
Also had the same issue as michelesanctis when the strap ripped around the tang within the first 5 or so days of wearing. Kind of disgusting the amount of profit he's making on these to unsuspecting people...