• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

FleaBay "ETA" 6497... This guy looks familiar

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
For some reason this name looks familiar to me. I think I have seen him around here on the fora.
He advertises this watch with an ETA 6497 (he does not say swiss but I think it is implied by saying "ETA")
What do you guys think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Mens-Marina-Militar ... dZViewItem

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
Swiss 6497 with decorated bridges? ...prices seems to good for genuine swiss movement.

Just call me Mr. Skeptical.

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
yes, I think the "Swiss" part of it is complete shit,, but what about this guy... I swear we've seen him around here... I hope someone can confirm this..

daytona4me

Robert - EOW 19/01/2024
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
4/3/06
fakemaster said:
He clearly says it's an Asian 6497 base movement.

???

Here is his add..

Mens Marina Military Watch Militare Army US 6497 ETA SS

The Marina Militare

This listing is for a Military Style watch with manual wind movement. This watch measures at a large but is comfotable 44mm without the crown. The case is milled from 316L stainless steel. The watch comes one leather strap. The strap is genuine leather and fits up to a size 8" wrist.

Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions.

Details

Diameter of case w/o crown: 44 mm
Height: 15.5 mm
Width of Band: 24 mm
Luminous hands & Dial

Mineral Crystal

Water Resistant (Swimming)
Strap: Genuine Leather Strap

RWIGWH

RWI's Great White Hope
Supporter
10/2/07
daytona4me said:
fakemaster said:
He clearly says it's an Asian 6497 base movement.

???

Here is his add..

Mens Marina Military Watch Militare Army US 6497 ETA SS

The Marina Militare

This listing is for a Military Style watch with manual wind movement. This watch measures at a large but is comfotable 44mm without the crown. The case is milled from 316L stainless steel. The watch comes one leather strap. The strap is genuine leather and fits up to a size 8" wrist.

Please don't hesitate to email us if you have any questions.

Details

Diameter of case w/o crown: 44 mm
Height: 15.5 mm
Width of Band: 24 mm
Luminous hands & Dial

Mineral Crystal

Water Resistant (Swimming)
Strap: Genuine Leather Strap
Listen to his Video. He says it's Asian.

cybee

Legendary Member
Supporter
23/11/06
well we all know by know there is no such thing as swiss anything for 99 bux LoL, the Eta in main title is deceptive, OK a liar...but I would not be surprised if he hasnt visited us before.

horologie_unitas

Put Some Respect On My Name
3/12/06
this guy has always been selling rep Panerai stuff, bracelets - watches - movements.

i looked at his offers....he does NOT try to lie about selling asian stuff. also his prices are ...somewhat ok.

never dealt with him, no idea who he is.

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
I bought a SS bracelet from him about 6 or 8 months ago. Poor quality, and has screws missing on the back side of the links. I e-mail about the missing screws.............he said he would send them right out............of course they never arrived.

I rubbed on that bracelet with a cape cod for days trying to get it cleaned up and shine the way my others did........just poor quality.