• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

fake DSSD on ebay

Tucker

Lunnyfied by Raddave
Supporter
Certified
23/12/11
Probably not. It's a custom, aftermarket dial on a submariner. They sell the gen dial, slap on the custom, aftermarket dial and make more money. It's not a DSSD.

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Pj788

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
15/1/16
oh wow, I didn't know that. Yea the dial looked different to me

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Personally I'll never understand ones like this. Why would you want the gen dial pulled and replaced with an aftermarket one. Those who are familiar will assume its not gen due to the inconsistencies vs what should be there. Also, I would think this has a negative impact on resale as a gen dial costs several hundred and you could not have Rolex service it without returning it to gen dial.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Insert is aftermarket, end links are too, case has been polished many many times... Damaged watch that's been put back together with aftermarket parts I'd say.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Are those aftermarket parts made by Rolex?

'Aftermarket' means they are made by a third party - not linked to the original manufacturer.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
So it's franken then, ie fake

Nooooooooooooooooo, it's not a fake Rolex - it's a genuine Rolex watch with aftermarket parts.....

magoohkg

I'm Pretty Popular
22/11/15
The handle broke, so they replaced it, then the blade was worn out, so they replaced that too, but in their eyes it was still the same axe, even though nothing was original...