• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Link to ebay "Replica and Counterfeit Items" reporting site.

valinfrance

Horology Curious
28/5/12
I think reporting fakes on ebay requires the reporter to give details of things on the watch that are not genuine not just sending a link

Watchboybilly

Horology Curious
6/7/15
I agree. A replica is a replica and the real thing will always be different. Enjoy each watch for what it is.

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
This link no longer works, it only prompts an automatic reply email instructing you to contact the seller or eBay c.s. if you have an issue with the transaction.

DavidsCoaching

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/11/17
England
There may be occasions where a seller is unaware themselves that the watch they are selling is a fake. I have no problem with contact the seller and expressing my concerns about the authenticity of the piece they are selling. If they act on this, fair play, ignorance is not a crime. If they BS the situation then I see no problem with elevating the matter to eBay and let sort out the good from the bad. It's their platform, they make a shit ton of money, and they have a moral responsibility to the users too.

dmbvkk

Looking Around
25/1/17
I have to say, going through the threads here has been very insightful. While I'm not in any position to make any big change, I certainly try to do my part. I spent a good portion of my day focusing on taking down replica watches. While I can't divulge too much, we do everything we can to protect ebays members from fraudulent listings.

I saw a post a little higher up about the process and I do want to point something out. We will force a return/refund on anything the buyer thinks is fake. If someone gets an item that they think isn't authentic, we have them send it back. If they can get a certificate of non-authenticity, we just refund and make them destroy it (if the dealer who checked it didn't confiscate the item already).

We can't catch all the fakes but we do our best. I'll be lurking more on this site because I'm in the market for a nice Breitling Navitimer. Please keep reporting these and posting links. I'll be watching when I can.

CHAiNS

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/3/14
Australia
Before reporting it, is there a place on RWI where I can first ascertain whether a watch is being misrepresented as gen? I was looking at this https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rolex-D...m3d8d6f6698:g:lW8AAOSwFmtdB4bJ&frcectupt=true (eBay item number: 264365893272). Though I do not claim to see any characteristics that disqualify this from being gen, the listing, per se, is suspicious regarding lack of seller feedback, lack of style and details of the text, yet the photos are good. The price tag in one of the photos also arouses my suspicion, as I have never seen a price label with "Rolex" on it, but merely the name of the retailer, if anything.

Lee22

Horology Curious
13/10/19
Not sure if there is another thread related to eBay directly that is current. There seems to be a resurgence of many “new sellers“ on eBay with lower numbers of feedback selling Tag Heuer replica watches as authentic. They are getting up to $1200 for some replicas that are Only $2000 retail price.

Dez275

Horology Curious
1/10/20
As you all know, there are people who just dont play by the rules. They try to misrepresent replica watches and sell them as genuine brands on ebay. Its up to replica experts like us to report these items and help save others from getting scammed!

The link isnt all that easy to find quickly so here it is. You just need to be signed into ebay, and copy and paste the item# in the field and hit send. Everytime you do this you potentially save someone from a costly mistake.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 419713e1e8

Cheers
dizz

Saved the link. Thanks!

Noobmariner14

Horology Curious
6/8/23
Uk
I’m glad some of you are actually doing your best !
Personally I’ve no problem with replica watches being bought/sold and worn for what they are.
Just recently though i became interested in watches again ,And decided to treat myself to a Tag Aquaracer on the bay at what I thought was the going rate ,You all or probably know Tag don’t hold value like some others
Only to realise I’d purchased a replica
I have now received a refund after having to ship it back at my cost
But also looking further into it have come to realise eBay is full of them and nothing seems to be getting done about it .
Must be loads of people wearing fake Tags and not knowing
There is some proper scumbags about

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
Report this scumbag 5 300usd right now. Are ppl blind ? :) look at that Dw.

Reactions: Hor-Fan

Patj44

Nice guy
Supporter
Certified
10/11/22
I think the protection EBay gives in the USA is extremely good. I have never lost any money buying on EBay. I would never buy a watch without having EBay authentication. Hopefully they know what they are doing. If a deal seems too good to be true then it pays is.