• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Link to ebay "Replica and Counterfeit Items" reporting site.

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
As you all know, there are people who just dont play by the rules. They try to misrepresent replica watches and sell them as genuine brands on ebay. Its up to replica experts like us to report these items and help save others from getting scammed!

The link isnt all that easy to find quickly so here it is. You just need to be signed into ebay, and copy and paste the item# in the field and hit send. Everytime you do this you potentially save someone from a costly mistake.

http://contact.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl ... 419713e1e8

Cheers
dizz

jb

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
7/9/06
Great post, Dizz!

Let's stick this on to the top!

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Thank you Sir.

I think its important for us all to help out when and were we can, especially if we can save someone from getting ripped off

cheers
dizz

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
Thats a great idea. What ever happened to buyer beware?
How can you be certain an item is counterfeit? Do you just go on the image alone?
There are many others out there that use gen pics and send out rep items, then *poof...they are gone with $$$ in hand.

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
This has been discussed before.
My only thought is be carefull how you handle this good will gesture.
It could lead the wrong people back to you or draw more attention to us than we want. The intentions are good, because the honest guys on this forum are just that........HONEST......

Outsiders may not look at us, the same way we look at us. :D :D
The watch world outside our forums is full of scammers, we can't police the whole world. :D

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Good point. You cant always be sure what someone is up to. SOme people wont even send you whats in the pictures. But when i see a submariner with a conical rehaut, poor date mag and fat replica crown guards on an oyster bracelet with pins instead of screws selling for $1900 then im gunna report it haha. The ones i usually report are the franken subs and sea-dwellers that people are selling as 100% authentic Rolex etc etc. A good franken might be worth only $1000 compared to a gen original that is worth $12,000. Someone is still getting ripped off from misrepresentation. ANyways you know what i mean. The same way that if someone posted for sale a Bell & Ross that was an obvious fake. I probably wouldnt notice it was fake but i bet YOU could spot it in a second. I know you know more than me about these pilots watches. If you reported it, then you would be helping someone like me who isnt very familiar with this brand of watch.

@triple-d
I agree and thats why i would never email the seller... just click my link and post the item #. The seller will never know who reported it. I dont go on ebay and search for scammers but when i stumble upon one I always report it.

dizz

triple-d

Renowned Member
5/3/07
I understand what you are saying. I just wanted to throw out some food for thought. The most important point I wanted to make was.....to be cautious.
Sometimes good people hurt themselves trying to help others. :D :D

Dizzy

Advisor - Vintage Rolex
Advisor
Patron
Certified
15/4/07
Western Canada
Yeah you are totally right. You can never be to cautious.

funny story... I remember when i posted my gen tudor submariner for sale on ebay years and years ago... they pulled it and suspended my account for trying to sell a fake rolex. LOL
wow did i ever flip out on them. Someone obviously reported it and whoever pulled the auction didnt know what a tudor was. They eventually appoligised to me and relisted my auction no charge after a few days of screaming via email
lol

watchbuff

I'm Pretty Popular
13/2/07
I remember when i posted my gen tudor submariner for sale on ebay years and years ago... they pulled it and suspended my account for trying to sell a fake rolex. LOL
wow did i ever flip out on them. Someone obviously reported it and whoever pulled the auction didnt know what a tudor was.

That's exactly what I am talking about.
It's either the buyer that is un-eduated or worse, the reporter who is uneducated causing alot of grief for the seller.(Happened to me with a Mont Blanc pen)
At times the seller does not know what he is selling but that's shame on him.

fakemaster

Mythical Poster
31/5/07
With the way they treat their sellers, no one should help them do shit. Screw them.

crick

Put Some Respect On My Name
1/8/06
i worry about the correlation they can get about a user reporting so much scams indicating his knowledge of replica/counterfeit items then viewing your paypal account transactions

i cant seem to post or email anonymously, which is sad :(

The Watch watcher

Horology Curious
2/6/08
Hi Guys,
The problem with Ebay is they want it all ways, they want to be seen to be honest and doing the right thing but given half the chance they will happily allow the sale of counterfiet goods day in and day out purley for the revenue it creates. Watches dont even scratch the surface of the counterfiet goods that pass through ebay if you look you can find a copy of just about anything. Its for this reason that im loathed to help ebay in shutting down listings as all we are doing is pandering to there double standards. Fair enough if someone is trying to sell a dodgy rolex for two grand they deserve to get caught, but when someone trys to sell a rep watch in a presenation box on a buy it now for £200 or £300 then good luck to them, at that price the watch is obviously a rep and a sa buyer you should know better, buyer beware as they say. Ebay is constantly moving the goal posts to suit themselves and not the community at large. a prime example being sellers not being able to leave negative or neutral feedback anymore.. what the hell is that all about, that just leaves honest ebayers wide open to all sorts of abuse from less scrupulous buyers its a joke.

Paypal is obviously just as bad, freezing funds when it suits them, clawing funds back fro your account when things go wrong.. thay are a law unto themselves! Recently sold a TAG and within hours a had a phone call from PayPal grilling me about the transaction!

right i can get down from my soap box... deeep breaths..LOL

fredp

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/7/09
Ebay and chinese reps, what a story !
I have bought more than 20 watches 4-5 years ago on ebay directly to chinese sellers !
I have kept only four of them, A.lange tourbillon, Panerai PAM104, Breitling Montbrillant 100ème anniversaire aviation(like a reactor on the cover) and Jaeger Lecoultre Memovox...all the other ones finished in the dustbin !

Hambone

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/11/06
With the way they trea their sellers, no one should help them do shit. Screw them.

I tend to agree. If someone from this forum wants to complain, write to Ebay..... Hi I buy counterfeit watches all day long but dammit this guy is selling his on Ebay as a gen, and that helps me to ease my guilt by reporting him so lets whack his weiner!

Fizbin

6/11/09
Can someone tell me...without giving too much detail for would be scammers...how any seller on ebay can possibly sell a fake watch as a genuine? I mean, it should go something like this:

A) Seller lists fake watch as genuine
B) Buyer purchases watch
C) Buyer receives watch and gets it authenticated
D) Buyer finds out it's fake and makes claim with Paypal
E) Paypal requests item returned via traceable method and yanks funds out
of sellers account.

There are exceptions with 'E', for scam buyers who says a real watch is fake, and if the seller has a ton of 100% feedback and has proven himself worthy.

Is the problem that buyers aren't getting the watches checked out?

F

Wacker23

I'm Pretty Popular
22/8/09
We should report these things to ebay for the customer not for ebay. I have bought 10 watches on there since 1997 i hope they are all real. People have to trust the sellers feedback and the sellers past sell history when buying any expensive item. I been complaining to ebay for the past 5 years that sellers should not have their feedback ( i
just bought a 2700 iwc from astorlive and i was so pissed when i saw that their feedback was private)be private and their seller history should be for everyone to see so the buyer wont need the help of forums like this when they buy a watch or any type of high ticket item.

myocs300

18/2/13
After I was burn once at ebay for fake Rolex, I wouldn't deal with ebay for any luxury watches. Thanks for sharing your knowledge and experience.