• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

How to tell if I'm looking at a scam website

aaragon1212

Horology Curious
1/1/19
OK everybody happy new year I am new to this forum I had purchased some watches some eight years ago from a website cannot find the website anymore I bought a Rolex Daytona a Bell Ross and a Chopard of which the bell Ross rubber band with time has already dry cracked and broke also the Chopard tire thread rubber band also has broken I need to replace both of them if anybody knows where I can get them as well as I would like to order some new watches but I’m looking for good quality replica from a trusted dealer which brings me to the next question can anybody please tell me where to find a reputable dealers I can’t seem to find them here in the forum I want to order I want the exact pictures or the proof of the model of the watches that I’m looking for I will be patient and I understand it’s going to take a while to receive them please let me know I may be reached also via telephone at 1-915-241-2675 I am in the United States my name is Adrian

Medicine Man

Looking Around
3/3/19
Hi guys,

New here, just subscribed today. Thanks for so much great information.

Quick observation; I noticed that the points used here to describe scam websites are points that I can see in the recommended dealer websites. 1:1 quality, AAA, swiss made etc.

I'm pretty much using the testimonials as a litmus test to see if the websites/sellers are genuine, however if the testimonials didn't exist I would not use their sites based on the pointers.

Thanks again for all your hard work, photos etc!

MM

kingOfStoneAge

Horology Curious
4/4/19
Paris
Thank you for the post!
Unfortunately I discovered this forum AFTER being probably scammed (still waiting but it smells bad) on a cloned website of an (ex) trusted dealer.
It hurts but well, thanks to you all and this great forum, it won't happen a second time :)

johnsmith12

Horology Curious
15/11/19
Pakistan
some websites are out there scam,
i also got scam that's why i recommend to purchase watch from local/physical store where they can show you what u are buying before purchase

vorname

Horology Curious
12/12/19
Thanks for the introduction. I found my way to the forum, as I wanted to check if a certain site was trustworthy and was able to verify that it was not :p

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
Very helpful to people who go outside the TD list.
salute to that

PAC

Known Member
1/12/18
I would never recommend that anyone go outside a TD . These TD’s do an amazing job and reply to you right away

Rohlex

You're Saying I Can Sell?
8/4/20
Honistly the TD system seems bulletproof.
Having bought many things from china I just now not to sit on my hands waiting but just relax.

Thoese other websites are a non option I can't imagine how someone else would feel having bought anything from there (insert scam site)
But hey they get a real thrill horror experiance I bet that must be worth something.

jensyy

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
19/6/21

Last edited by a moderator:

Pogranec

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Supporter
Certified
9/9/22
Good to know. There are thousands of people who lost their hardly earned money trying get a rep from a non TD scam website. 👍🏻