• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Seller thearchitectsemporium on ebay fake Rolex Daytona 116509

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rolex-Da...20-Stainless-Steel-Luxury-Watch-/224790480463

What appalls me is the level of bullshit they've bothered to come up with in the description to fabricate a story and deliberately mislead people. Alludes to the possibility of a fake, provides some half arsed effort to prove it's gen then proceeds to cake it in disclaimers and no-backies.

At the time of writing, seven people have bought this story and bidded on this dhgate special with a current price of £1420 ($1940). There was even a bid of £8000 that has since thankfully been retracted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nikz19

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Up to £7,600 now.

I always think there’s more to these than what they appear.

I find it hard to believe anyone would buy this so my guess is the bids aren’t genuine either.

Maybe some sort of money laundering scam.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
u***5 is the shill bidder, he'll pull out and refuse to pay, next in line is the 'lucky' buyer.

I reported this as fake, and sent a message to the seller, got no reply.

BlueLineFarmer

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/21
Reported, seller went to great length to write the scam story about the rep watch.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Yeah I reported it and messaged the seller.

No response from either.

Keishara

Daytona Nerd
Patron
25/2/21
Yeah I messaged the seller with the tells on the off-chance they might pull the sale but seeing as they've ignored us it's quite clear what the intentions are now.

eBay UK actually has a watch authenticity guarantee for watches sold over £2k. However, it looks like they've gotten around it by making it local collection only!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Keep reporting it - I've done it 3 times and it's still up.

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
Reported and messaged them

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
Finally either EBay or the seller has removed the listing.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
"I ventured with haste to our local jewellers who had unfortunately closed for the day, but stumbled upon another jewellers who proceeded to take a look and having checked its weight and examined its face indicated the likelihood of it being genuine".

LOL.

parklanephil

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
4/6/14
"I ventured with haste to our local jewellers who had unfortunately closed for the day, but stumbled upon another jewellers who proceeded to take a look and having checked its weight and examined its face indicated the likelihood of it being genuine".

LOL.

He knew exactly what he was doing

RepIseek

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
7/1/20
Texas
I always weigh my watches before purchasing, it would be crazy not to.

I like to use my super-shitty and generally inaccurate food scale. See look, that puppy is gen baby!

jdwZBo.jpg

Reactions: tripdog