• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I thought VSF watches were scarce.

Mackoveli

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/10/21
So, its my understanding that VSF's suppliers were raided and they're out of commission for the time being. so how is it that 8 months later, there are still TD's that have VSF stock?

How does noob still have stock? is this legit?

http://noobwatch.com/list.php?keywords=vsf

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
If VSF is best in the sub class..

who’s best in the GMT master class?

Not a clue I'm afraid as haven't researched GMTs too much tbh, but am sure the topic has been covered elsewhere.

What I can also be sure of is that opinions are bound to be divided across the forum, but at the end of the day the only opinion that counts is yours.

You're the one looking at it, you're the one paying for it, so you're the one who has to do the research & decide.

Best of luck & be curious to hear your thoughts.

Reactions: Ecender

Mb713

21/11/21
For GMT Masters I would go with Clean. Not my favourite factory in term of transparency but their GMT is gold IMO. With the Submariner, they’re hit or miss.

Mackoveli

21/10/21
For GMT Masters I would go with Clean. Not my favourite factory in term of transparency but their GMT is gold IMO. With the Submariner, they’re hit or miss.

clean has the best case, bezel and bracelet for GMT?

Im planning on buying gen movement, crystal and hands and swapping them in.

and can you elaborate on the Clean hate, I remember reading that they lied about the materials of which they used but thats about it

Last edited:

Mb713

21/11/21
I’ll give you my opinion which may not be shared by everyone. I don’t hate Clean because I still buy their products. But if a had another choice of factory with the same quality I’d choose the other factory. They are not transparent with their updates. They fix a quality control issue on a certain model and 2 months later sell you old stock of the non-fixed version. At least from what I realized lately.

but yeah as far as they go for the GMTs (Pepsi/Batman) they’re my go to

PecMan

Put Some Respect On My Name
4/5/09
Puretime posted (around 2 days or so ago) VSF sub for sale.
600 something $, i tought they were out of business or maybe i am not well informed.

kavorca1

cosa nostra for life.
Supporter
12/5/20
SoCal
Puretime posted (around 2 days or so ago) VSF sub for sale.
600 something $, i tought they were out of business or maybe i am not well informed.

Some TD have either found O.N.S. Or they have mashed together parts of vsf. And I believe someone posted that vsf has slowly began opening up again

Reactions: PecMan

Mackoveli

21/10/21
I’ll give you my opinion which may not be shared by everyone. I don’t hate Clean because I still buy their products. But if a had another choice of factory with the same quality I’d choose the other factory. They are not transparent with their updates. They fix a quality control issue on a certain model and 2 months later sell you old stock of the non-fixed version. At least from what I realized lately.

but yeah as far as they go for the GMTs (Pepsi/Batman) they’re my go to

isn’t it the Dealer that you deal with though? Not the factory itself?

Mb713

21/11/21

the Dealer doesn’t make these decisions. The factory does. The dealer places the order and the factory will send what they have according to the model that the dealer ordered.

Last edited:

Mb713

21/11/21

Basically, a good dealer should be transparent with you and inform you exactly what you’re getting and set your expectations. Some, but not all dealers will send you RLs of other customers instead of sending them back to the factory. Those I’d stay away from.

Mackoveli

21/10/21
Basically, a good dealer should be transparent with you and inform you exactly what you’re getting and set your expectations. Some, but not all dealers will send you RLs of other customers instead of sending them back to the factory. Those I’d stay away from.

Are TDs guilty of this?

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Nothing wrong with a dealer re-selling a watch that is built to inside factory tolerance and specification. Dealers can’t help it if members requirement exceeds factory tolerance.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Mb713

21/11/21
Nothing wrong with a dealer re-selling a watch that is built to inside factory tolerance and specification. Dealers can’t help it if members requirement exceeds factory tolerance.

Some may agree and some will disagree. If it’s as you say, built to tolerances and specification, then yes. But it’s not always the case. I’ve seen bad QCs that I would’ve been ashamed to sell. Some SCG were worse than AAA. Now bear in mind, I’m not pointing fingers. I’m generalizing. One in particular that I’ve seen I couldn’t believe it. Was a TD somewhere else, not here.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Some may agree and some will disagree. If it’s as you say, built to tolerances and specification, then yes. But it’s not always the case. I’ve seen bad QCs that I would’ve been ashamed to sell. Some SCG were worse than AAA. Now bear in mind, I’m not pointing fingers. I’m generalizing. One in particular that I’ve seen I couldn’t believe it. Was a TD somewhere else, not here.

I hear ya mate.

Sent from the RWI App

jjf887

29/10/17
I've noticed that a lot of TDs don't update their website regularly to reflect actual stock and watches which are unavailable (Noob/VSF Models) appear available. Always best to use a TD from here, and contact for verification prior to ordering.

Reactions: P..DR..D