• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Domi's current work status

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
To all potential and current customers of Domi:

Unfortunately Domi is currently unable to work due to personal reasons until further notice. Due to this situation you may not receive any or only very slow answers from him.

As soon as he can return to work, he will take care of all requests as always. Please be patient.

I‘m in contact with him and he asked me to post this information.

Thanks for your patience!
Domi

(To avoid confusion: I am not Domi the watchmaker. We just happen to have the same first name/nickname and we know each other quite well)

Guglhupfer

Known Member
26/6/21
Thanks for the Information. I contacted him today before I read your post. Now I can look for an alternative. Thanks again

MSC_77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/20
Is there any update on Domis situation? Hope he is well!

Jaqueslepro

6/3/18
So, how is Domi now? Are there any news? I dont want to interfere with dumb luxury requests if he is in any situation. Hope he is well.

Theodizee

You're Saying I Can Sell?
27/12/20
So, how is Domi now? Are there any news? I dont want to interfere with dumb luxury requests if he is in any situation. Hope he is well.

I had a movement changed by Domi at the beginning of April. He can't spend much time in his workshop at the moment. He only repaired my watch because I live only a few minutes away from him and it was a relatively simple repair. I don't want to give the exact details without his permission, but it looks like he won't be spending much time in the workshop anytime soon either.

bebo

Horology Curious
5/2/23
Germany
Wonderig if Domi is well again and accepting watches that need repair. Any info yet? Is there Any other Trusted Watchsmith in Germany taking over?

Reactions: ZEIT.GEIST

ZEIT.GEIST

Chief Exasperate Officer
Supporter
Certified
25/10/23
Germany
Wonderig if Domi is well again and accepting watches that need repair. Any info yet? Is there Any other Trusted Watchsmith in Germany taking over?
Any update on this? Would be interested, as well.

Cavemax

28/5/16
I think it's still all the same, Domi would already report back himself if he accepted work again.
For rep friendly watchmakers in DE, the following list is a first start:
https://der-uhrenblog.de/uhrmacher-fuer-replikas/

And otherwise, just have a few coffees with regional watchmakers who can be found via Google Maps, build up a relationship and just ask openly whether he/she would also service reps. That's how I found a watchmaker near me, not 15 minutes away.