• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Would love recommendations for a Munich tourist

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
Hi German watch buddies,

I'll be visiting Munich with my wife for an all-too-brief stay in mid-May and would love to pick the brains of those of you familiar with the city. Unfortunately, we only have two nights and one full day there, so I would like to make the most of our time, with the help of recommendations from you experts.

We'd prefer to forego the day trips to surrounding attractions and instead spend our time enjoying the sights, sounds, food, drink and people of the city. We are willing and able to do a lot of walking, but can also easily use other forms of transportation to get to places beyond walking distance that we'd like to see.

Any favorites out there for first-time Munich visitors? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me!

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
...OK then, any places to stay away from as overrated tourist traps?

Also, any must-stop restaurants?

jampo

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
21/11/17
for Food and Beer go there: http://www.braeustuben.de

its fucking cheap even for us, you won't get any Beer for under 3,50€, there you can get one for 2,65€ and its even the best "Helles" of the World :D
The food is nice too... DONT MISS THIS SPOT REALY!!!!

If weather is good try to search the "English garden" its nice there and of course the inner City ..

Reactions: minty007

minty007

WABAC Machine Escapee
Supporter
Certified
13/5/08
Colorado, USA
for Food and Beer go there: http://www.braeustuben.de

its fucking cheap even for us, you won't get any Beer for under 3,50€, there you can get one for 2,65€ and its even the best "Helles" of the World :D
The food is nice too... DONT MISS THIS SPOT REALY!!!!

If weather is good try to search the "English garden" its nice there and of course the inner City ..

Excellent - thanks much!

dapoppa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/9/16
Visit Schillerbräu they brew their own beer, also the food is really nice.

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

TingelTangelTom

God´s Gift to Mankind.
15/2/17
EU
In München scheint es ja echt nix sehenswertes zu geben.... wo sind all die Münchner hin, die früher immer hier rumgehangen sind :p

Vielleicht hat QueTip noch den einen oder anderen Tip (Achtung Wortspiel)?

// Oder SPACECOWBOY 2017 vielleicht?