• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GMT-Master II 126710 BLNR Black/Blue Ceramic

Thomas Magnum

You're Saying I Can Sell?
MULTI ACCOUNT
7/4/21
Germany
Welche ist Eurer Meinung nach besser?
VRF oder Clean?
Bin gespannt auf Eure Meinungen

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Ich zitiere:

I don't think anyone is accusing of you having a binary like or dislike for the CF. It's just that your critiques are so small and minor, but yet when viewed hypercritically they become some sort of major issue. This is a great release, is it perfect? No. But the small imperfections can be fixed.

Your major complaints (that are actually quite minor) are the following;

1) No bezel lip - Solution = Modded lip as KJ and many others have shown it is easily possible.

2) Crystal isn't perfect - Well most reps don't have perfect crystals, some are better than others and this can be adjusted. It's by no means terrible, but it isn't 100% gen like either.

3) Bezel colours being different - This is a non-issue, when viewed in isolation it would be impossible to know the difference. There is not only 1 bezel colour from Rolex there are multiple.

4) Crown guards / lugs - Real world you ain't noticing these. Magnified and these flaws exaggerated - sure it looks "bad". But in the real world it looks perfectly fine.

5) Minute hand is too small - Reality again is that it's 1mm too small, it's just not a big deal.

The point I am trying to make to you is that I accept it isn't perfect. No rep is, we have not yet had a perfect clone. Despite what the rep manufacturers like to spout. However, this is VERY VERY close. With a small amount of work modding the bezel you've got a very close Pepsi. Adding a gen crystal and it's even closer. To be frank, they would be the only two mods that I would consider. Everything else is just a non-issue.

Reactions: Thomas Magnum