• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

As Anyone Spotted an Alpine Eagle?

Commander Straker

17/1/17
UK
itzPI.jpg

People are raving about the Alpine Eagle, but has anybody seen one in our neck of the woods?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I tried the blue dial version few weeks ago at Geneva airport. As I m going back tomorrow I will try the grey one. I think it is absolutely gorgeous but somehow not worth the asking price.. can’t wait for a decent rep ;)

CurioLeo

GPsy King
Gold Patron
Certified
22/8/18
Australia
The dial would be difficult to replicate, even the photos of the gen don't capture the texture and detail well. If they can do it well, it would be an excellent alternative to the PP Nautilus, AP 15400/500 etc

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Blaithin

You're Saying I Can Sell?
6/8/19
In my opinion, it's more like a vintage VC Overseas (bracelet and dial layout) mixed with a Hublot Big Bang (bezel) . It's really more of an homage to the VC Overseas than either the PP Nautilus or AP Royal Oak.
​​​​​

Watch-a-say

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/10/18
Would love to see one of these. The texture on that dial is pretty awesome and both the blue and grey look awesome. Unfortunately, I doubt the makers would develop one of these any time soon. Not sure how big the Chopard market is in China.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
White looks good indeed... well if you don’t look too closely at the the way markers are aligned lol

Blue is totally wrong colour, black is fantasy

Looking forward to see some QC pictures

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nivlek

Known Member
1/1/17
Any TDs having the white dial now?

I notice that only the white dial has the word wempe above 6 o’clock but the other colours do not have

Horace Derwent

Known Member
17/6/10
For me the big tell is the datewheel font, its really too small compared to the Gen

Last edited:

dpd3672

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/5/23
USA
Reactions: atadams77