• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Chopard L.U. C 1963

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
I have been trying to find this model (LUC 1963). Apparently, it has been repped but the few TDs I talked to cannot find it, and the only place I can see it is on a few scam sites, .
LUC.jpg

Does anyone have an idea where I could find this, or who would be a knowledgable TD to look into it?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
If it indeed has been repped, where did you find that information? If you found it on a scam site, then most likely the information is false.

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
If it indeed has been repped, where did you find that information? If you found it on a scam site, then most likely the information is false.

Nope. A dealer I use sometimes (not a TD here) told me that it was made in small quantities, but he could not get his hands on it (or more likely could not be bothered to look). The gen has a handwound movement and since the seconds are on the 9, apparently they just "borrowed" the PAM 111 Unitas movement and stuck it in the display back. So it definitely won't be a super-rep, but I am still interested, depending on the dial quality and if the price is right.

Any thoughts on where to go?

mysterio

Mythical Poster
Advisor
19/8/08
If he doesn't have an actual watch to show you, then it might just be your dealer pulling your leg. The fact that TDs you contacted cannot find it is a good sign it does not exist. If it were available at one point, they would tell you "it's no longer in production" or "no more stock".

PeteB

Known Member
11/1/16
If he doesn't have an actual watch to show you, then it might just be your dealer pulling your leg. The fact that TDs you contacted cannot find it is a good sign it does not exist. If it were available at one point, they would tell you "it's no longer in production" or "no more stock".

It is certainly possible. Thanks for your input.