• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VERY DISAPPOINTED AND SAD

kostinha

Horology Curious
20/5/17
Hi I buy a watch from these guys, get paid and it get ok.
After a few months having problem with watch, having talked to him by email, they say repair it, i have to send to china.
Watch has arrived and received by someone from their team on May 20 at 14h.
As soon as I receive package arrival notification, I write to them to confirm arrival, they say nothing.
After a few days they respond by saying that they are solving the situation because on May 21 Jay and boys are arrested.
When they get back to 100% I write again, they'll ask me, what is the number of watch purchases, and tracking, and where to send them.
Reply that nothing has arrived, I send proofs that have arrived yes.
Take a long time to answer, and then say they didn't agree with the police that they didn't keep their promises, and boys still in jail and locked up with products inside.
I tell them a few days later, they answer that nothing of mine had arrived, they had already checked everything and nothing had arrived, I could not answer it, and send back proofs of receipt.
Last answer they give me, is to say that they had received nothing, and mail in writing nothing to them.
I don't know what to think anymore, but I think I just lost 528USD watches.

kostinha

Horology Curious
20/5/17
hello, this is being unbelievable. they never communicate anything to me, always having to ask me. after sending proof that they received my package, and saying nothing they received, I send the name of the person who received the package in China. Then they say that name will be from a boy of theirs, and go see situation then. days later they again say nothing, have to be me to ask, and they say they cannot know the situation because the boy is not yet released. That you think of all this, not normal.

Reactions: MacPhlea

kostinha

Horology Curious
20/5/17
UPDATE
Hello people
After a large exchange of emails from which I lost count, I was contacted by the boys to inform me that a new watch would be sent to me and that I would only have to pay 50USD.
After one day, they contact me again, saying that they do not have the version of the watch they bought (noob V9), and that the next version (noob V10) would be sent, and would have to pay another 20USD , ie 50USD + 20USD, which I did.
Be sent a few days after QC pics, I have already approved, now await arrival of the package.

kostinha

Horology Curious
20/5/17
Hello guys, I come here to communicate that boys chanzingtime, behave very well with me even though it takes too long. they sent me a new watch after mine was somehow lost. I come here to reply that they are in full confidence.

M_Hall

I'm Pretty Popular
8/10/15
No way they should have made you pay $70 they should have swallowed that cost. But I’m glad you’re happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
I'm very glad it worked out for you, although this highlights why the common wisdom is don't return the watches to China to be repaired.

Reactions: Warrcraft

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I'm very glad it worked out for you, although this highlights why the common wisdom is don't return the watches to China to be repaired.

Agreed, just too risky, and takes too damn long. I hate paying the extra money, but it’s just easier to send to local watch smith.

Rx4Time

Supporter, Panerai lover
Supporter
Certified
31/3/16
CONUS
Agreed, just too risky, and takes too damn long. I hate paying the extra money, but it’s just easier to send to local watch smith.

I'd rather spend$100 or so locally vs risk loosing it to customs x2 and the China postal service.

Warrcraft

Renowned Member
14/4/06
United States
I'd rather spend$100 or so locally vs risk loosing it to customs x2 and the China postal service.

Exactly, I understand the Noobie mentality of sending it back for repair, as they are thinking, "I paid good money, I want it to work, and why should I have to pay more to get something fixed that should already be working." When you have been around a bit (and READ), you realize the risks you are take doing so, and these watches are not being manufactured in a sterile modern lab by highly skilled professionals! Lol While our TD's are generally willing to take back, repair, or whatever they do to resolve the problem. It still means RETURNING the watch, hence, the above concerns you mention are very valid. Besides, when I get a watch with a movement issue, I just chalk it up that the movement probably needs to be looked at and serviced anyway. So, in a strange way, I kind of am forced to turn it in to a local watch-smith, but get peace of mind she will be purring when completed.