• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Best Cartier Tank Solo Large for 2021

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
Done a fair amount of digging and seems a lot of the SS large existing forums are from like 2018 and bumped to current times.

ZF used to be the nuts - but apparently there is AF and K11 which seem to give ZF a run for their money. There is also the less talked about LMF.

My question which of these is the best watch ootb in 2021. It seems some of these models have been updated and closer to gen now than in 2018/2019. I don’t really care about strap quality as I’ll be getting a new strap on there. Most important to me is getting close to gen size and dial printing.

Also are the hands on reps painted blue? Or are they actually blued steel having gone through the heating process?

Thanks for any input.

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
From what I can see.. the "Ca" in Cartier on the K11 is funky. Just something is slightly crooked or off from gen. The "Cartier" logo on the AF looks great, but may be slightly too thin. Hard to compare AF to Gen without having a side by side. What I'm concluding seems to be... these are both really close to gen reps and would be near impossible to distinguish either rep from gen on the wrist.

GeorgianCrusader.885CE

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/12/20
Dzveli Aryavurt
Done a fair amount of digging and seems a lot of the SS large existing forums are from like 2018 and bumped to current times.

ZF used to be the nuts - but apparently there is AF and K11 which seem to give ZF a run for their money. There is also the less talked about LMF.

My question which of these is the best watch ootb in 2021. It seems some of these models have been updated and closer to gen now than in 2018/2019. I don’t really care about strap quality as I’ll be getting a new strap on there. Most important to me is getting close to gen size and dial printing.

Also are the hands on reps painted blue? Or are they actually blued steel having gone through the heating process?

Thanks for any input.

man I got excited reading your first post because this is exactly what im trying to find out too haha! can't find a review of the SS version by K11 anywhere. I can see there aren't any answers here to your posts but did you find out anything from digging around that you wouldnt mind sharing

Tgz

Known Member
21/4/19
GeorgianCrusader.885CE unfortunately no. The vids were enough for me.. but I ended up going Gen. Got a steal of a deal on a used one BNIB for 1,600$ usd. Dont have to worry about super rep status anymore lol.

Sleestax

Looking Around
11/3/21
Dang, I am looking for the same info and it seems like it’s crickets across the board. I am also trying to find the 31mm quartz and the only TD with one is puretime and they don’t list which factory made it.