• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

[QC] Ballon Bleu de Cartier 36mm V6F

Merinium23

Horology Curious
5/12/20
Hello fellow RWI:ers,

I just recieved QC photos of my Ballon Bleu de Cartier 36mm from Hontwatch and would be very please if you shed som thoughts on my nitpicking.
MY QUESTIONS BELOW:
  • Dial Printing: Here my nitpicking starts. The "Swiss Made" on the bottom looks crooked "SWISs mADe". And the "Automatic" looks a bit wierd on some of the pictures, as if it wasn't completely filled and or overfilled. I'm having a hard time at the main "Cartier" print, there is some shadowing on the upper right and left corners. Any thoughts on this?
  • Timegrapher numbers: It cointains a NH05 movement. 245 AMP is a bit below acceptable, and 0.6ms is, I guess, acceptable.
This is my first proper QC and I hope to get some good answers, and I wish you all a great day! Excuse my insufficient english and grammar, not a native!

Bought it for 230 USD including shipping. Very good price in my opinion, and so far Hontwatch has been a loveley and quick replying dealer.

I am unsure if I should GL or RL this one, I just care for the dial printing, and don't want it to look off..

Kind regards

M.

Last edited:

pamdude

Known Member
19/3/15
Rule says you gotta do your own QC but I can tell you that the Swiss made logo appears to be off center even on gen. It's a vision trick imo. Also 33mm is pretty small for guy unless you are buying for the lady.

Merinium23

Horology Curious
5/12/20
Rule says you gotta do your own QC but I can tell you that the Swiss made logo appears to be off center even on gen. It's a vision trick imo. Also 33mm is pretty small for guy unless you are buying for the lady.

Hi,

It's a 36mm, and it fits good for guys with 6-6.5 inch wrists.
Oh yoy cant ask for QC advice? I've seen several posts about QC questions. Thansk for info regarding Swiss Made.

MSC_77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/20
Is there a 36mm Moonphase available? Do you know?

MSC_77

You're Saying I Can Sell?
18/10/20
Is there a 36mm Moonphase available? Do you know?