• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help needed plz - Cartier Ballon Bleu

startupnow

Horology Curious
2/8/20
Hello all,

I am about to buy Cartier ballon bleu 42mm SS bracelet with black dial. But, I am confused between the AF and V6F factory.

I haven't seen both in reality, but I noticed from pic/video that the AF has better dial detail and clear crystal blue stone on the wheel time adjustment, and the thickness is close to the Gen. On the other hand, people still say V6F is the best, which make more confused!

So, from your experience which one has better quality, looks/feel, movement, thickness, blue stone,,,,, etc.

Your advice is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance,,

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Jandirrty

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/7/18
Overall v6f is better. AF has better case and bracelet.

startupnow

Horology Curious
2/8/20
Overall v6f is better. AF has better case and bracelet.
Thank you very much for the reply. Any idea how the AF scores low against the v6f?
I heard that the AF thickness and movement are sort of improved!!

Jandirrty

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
7/7/18
I have sold more than 5 Cartier on rwi both V6F and AF. Overall AF has a better detailed finish and pink dial 33mm is best with AF. If you are going with white 42mm go with v6f only.

Reactions: SuperBatman

startupnow

Horology Curious
2/8/20
Great insights!! thank you very much my friend.

xcarrerassanchez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/20
I have sold more than 5 Cartier on rwi both V6F and AF. Overall AF has a better-detailed finish and pink dial 33mm is best with AF. If you are going with white 42mm go with v6f only.

What about the 33mm quartz versions? Also between AF & V6F cannot decide...

xcarrerassanchez

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/4/20
xcarrerassanchez overall detailed finish AF. But v6f is as good and you save alot of money.

Thanks for the quick response! Since we are talking about quartz movements, the difference is not that big, it is 70 EUR. If the AF is a better rep, I will simply go for that one since I want the best quality possible (understanding that it is not gen).

Thanks anyway for your help :)

Pater_Pen

Known Member
Certified
1/11/18
On the consensual super rep list, however, the V6F version of the Ballon Blue is listes as potential super rep.
How does the AF version of the link compete? The price is intruiging