• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Tank Solo Small Rep WSTA0030 Steel vs. Gen W5200025 Rose Gold K11 Factory from JTime

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
axel.gold between k11 and AF rose gold, which you think is overall closer to gen?

It's not an apples to apples comparison because I'm pretty sure the steel and gold have slightly different measurements. Even the back, the gen Rose Gold has additional stamps on the corners which the gen steel does not. I'm amazed that both factories noticed and incorporated those details.

If we're talking quality of print ect... I can't see a difference after staring closely in the sunlight for 10 minutes.

Now because you asked the question, I may be buying my sister and mom as a gift some Cartier reps (they're not into watches and know they will be reps...). If possible, I'll try to get a variety of Factories because they both like the Cartier Solo's.

jonatutu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
2/6/12
Beautiful watches. I notice af has a nicer case, caseback corners are round unlike K11 with uneven corners. However K11 crown seems to have better crown. Quality seems to varies for the same factory on different TDs website. Pictures from different TDs webpage - K11 small size tank solo.

axel.gold can you post some casebacks of your k11 tanks. I am about to put the trigger and order a k11 however the caseback is putting me off.

RN0VR.png
RNSwL.jpg
RNGYQ.jpg

Last edited:

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
jonatutu here is a quick shot (not ideal lighting) of my reps AF Large Rose Gold, K11 Large Steel, K11 Small Steel.

Rounded Case Back Corner - Looking closely, I see what you mean as the AF looks better.
Crown - You are also right on that, the crown between the large AF and K11... K11 seems to win. The details are finder on the AF. However, on the small K11, the crown looks pretty much spot on compared to my Wife's gen crown... go figure.

0DZML.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Danii

Danii

I'm Pretty Popular
16/12/15
Very nice write-up here. Well done! I'm stuck deciding between the normal and large size. Do you have any wrist shots that compare the sizing of the two models?

xenic

28/1/14
The crown, gem and profile has no difference to my eye.

l78t3.jpg

Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but the crown on the rep seems to be off-center compared to the gen. It looks like it's further below, closer to the bottom of the watch, whereas the gen has the crown right in between top and bottom. Is this something you could confirm for us? Thank you!

Reactions: axel.gold

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
Maybe it's just the angle of the photo, but the crown on the rep seems to be off-center compared to the gen. It looks like it's further below, closer to the bottom of the watch, whereas the gen has the crown right in between top and bottom. Is this something you could confirm for us? Thank you!

Wow good eye! Looking closely it’s the reverse. The gen (Rose Gold) sits lower towards the case-back while the rep is center.

However, for the large Tank Solo's I checked and they do look more correct, sitting lower towards the case-back on both my Rose Gold AF and Steel K11. Unfortunately, I don't have a Gen large Tank yet to compare. If anybody here does, please share your side profile picture.

Last edited:

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17
Reactions: axel.gold

axel.gold

Known Member
5/5/19
I do see some new questions about the different factories and ended up purchasing a few more from other factories.

However, as they were gifts, I immediately wrapped them up and COVID has since prevented me from seeing them since.

With the plastics on though, I really did not see any differences on quick inspection. Having said that, once summer hits, I'll likely start a thread for a detailed write-up.

Reactions: SKnight

Abolive

24/7/13
I prefer small Tanks, to keep the classic vibe.
Could you please post a picture of the small one on your wrist?
Thank you

erudite

8/11/18
I do see some new questions about the different factories and ended up purchasing a few more from other factories.

However, as they were gifts, I immediately wrapped them up and COVID has since prevented me from seeing them since.

With the plastics on though, I really did not see any differences on quick inspection. Having said that, once summer hits, I'll likely start a thread for a detailed write-up.

Which other factories did you purchase? I'm interested in the K11 but would love to hear about alternatives.