• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Cartier Appreciation - Post your pictures and opinions

SKnight

8/7/19
I dont know where the hell I've been, but I only discovered this blue de Santos today. I mean, I saw it, but today is the first time I "saw" it and damn im in love. Looks like BVF, KOR, and GF are the main players here? Anyone care to comment about bracelet quality? I'm a sucker for a solid feeling bracelet. Make me feel fancy :p

I've written so extensively about how good the GF bracelet is that I've run out of adjectives to describe it. So I'll simply say, its sublime.

Aa far as blue dial, its again the GF thats closest to gen and has the best sunburst.

Last edited:

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
I've written so extensively about how good the GF bracelet is that I've run out of adjectives to describe it. So I'll simply say, its sublime.

Aa far as blue dial, its again the GF thats closest to gen and has the best sunburst.

Thanks! Doing some more digging and it seems that's the general consensus. Probably actually read at least some of your posts about it most likely haha.

Reactions: SKnight

jasonbaylee

I'm Pretty Popular
3/2/14

Can’t deny your write ups been extremely helpful in this aspect.

Thx mate!

SKnight

8/7/19
Can’t deny your write ups been extremely helpful in this aspect.

Thx mate!

You're very welcome mate!
This forum has been extremely helpful to me, it's only right I do my part to contribute back the best I can.

Jcpal

You're Saying I Can Sell?
14/2/20
Where can i get the bleu leather fast link for the blue santos 40mm , i got my watch from GF
Would the gen fit on it ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jcpal

14/2/20
If you don’t mind me asking, from which TD did you purchase this GF factory version from? I have found this exact spec on sale over at Trusty for 398 bucks however he is not a TD on this forum hence reluctant to pull the trigger on this piece.

Any information would be much appreciated.

TIA.

I bought it from torro bravo, trusty is a td

atozzotas

7/1/15
e31042586653c5651bee592701b428ef.jpg

3kf, rose gold

Reactions: KENNEY

atozzotas

7/1/15
Where can i get the bleu leather fast link for the blue santos 40mm , i got my watch from GF
Would the gen fit on it ?

yes, the gen will fit the GF

Fontaine

Known Member
Gold Patron
13/10/18
Did the Gen strap fit easily? I've got a GF on the way and I'm pondering buying a gen strap for it...

I have a GF 35mm with a gen strap - go right ahead, the strap fits perfectly (see my post earlier in the thread with the gen green strap).

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK
Did the Gen strap fit easily? I've got a GF on the way and I'm pondering buying a gen strap for it...

TBH, one size fit perfectly. The other needed a bit of a push and shove. I wouldn't want to change it in a hurry for fear of breaking something!

To answer @ap@12, my wrist it 7 inches.

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK

TBH, one side fit perfectly. The other needed a bit of a push and shove. I wouldn't want to change it in a hurry for fear of breaking something!

wizzzard

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
18/3/13
UK

TBH, one side fit perfectly. The other needed a bit of a push and shove. I wouldn't want to change it in a hurry for fear of breaking something!

SlippinJimmy

Renowned Member
Patron
Gold Patron
Certified
23/9/17

My 40mm GF.

Is it just me or everyone think the Cartier print is a bit skinny compared to BVF and KOR?

I think two tone look great, might get the 3K from the Santos thread when it is available.

How do you find the date alignment on the 40mm from GF? Will be pulling the trigger on either this or the 35mm next week however I feel the 35mm will be the safer bet despite the 40mm looking far better IMO as a misaligned date will send me over the edge!

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
A new black dial and dlc black bezel Santos just popped up in Trusty... looks nice. Will I resist? :(

Reactions: SKnight

mcn7710

Known Member
18/1/20
Down Under
How do you find the date alignment on the 40mm from GF? Will be pulling the trigger on either this or the 35mm next week however I feel the 35mm will be the safer bet despite the 40mm looking far better IMO as a misaligned date will send me over the edge!

Date alignment is well executed on my GF. Funny thing is I sometimes think it was out of line by a bit. But it’s more the light and from which angle you look at.

77ef41d7d823a4309ad5c475928c7ae2.jpg

farmersinsurance

18/10/19
Geneva, WA
A new black dial and dlc black bezel Santos just popped up in Trusty... looks nice. Will I resist? :(

For the good of the people, do NOT resist. If they come out with a version with the all black band as well, I think I may pull trig.

It may just be the lighting in the videos, but the brush marks in the bezel and dial seem to be a bit more flat than gen pics.

Reactions: leo6929

Alex1976

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
25/2/17
Very tempted to join the club and pull the trigger on a GF Santos. Since my wrist is rather wide, what would be the biggest size Santos? 40mm or are there any models with bigger dial diameter?